Conglomo PSA buys SGC

Post by AbraCalabro »

For the hobby! lmao Growing the hobby!

@cp
HB Member
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Conglomo PSA buys SGC

Post by @cp »

LOL Abra, you are being too negative. We need to be more positive. This is good news right...right? Hello?
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

It’s really too bad for Dave Foreman, he no longer has a place to sell his trimmed cards.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
daeve
HB Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by daeve »

I really can't tell which direction they're going to take this... keep SGC around as a 'cheap' option, but probably raise prices slightly to make up for the acquisition and just slowly fade it out in 5-10 years... or scrap it immediately and run some brief promo where SGC slabs can be crossed over to PSA, just to get even bigger market share and push BGS further into the dust.

I never did end up subbing all the stuff I mostly still have. I just could not decide between SGC/CGC and now am glad I held off. I now get to decide if I want to wait for a PSA promo like what they had in January, though this acquisition gives me less hope for that, or do I just shrug off that I dislike the new CGC flip and go with them. :roll:

I did get asked frequently at the show where I had a table some weeks ago "why don't/didn't you grade this?" :lol:
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

@cp wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:10 pm LOL Abra, you are being too negative. We need to be more positive. This is good news right...right? Hello?
LOL
mindcycle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:53 pm It’s really too bad for Dave Foreman, he no longer has a place to sell his trimmed cards.
geez! Talk about negativity!
daeve wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:09 pm I really can't tell which direction they're going to take this... keep SGC around as a 'cheap' option, but probably raise prices slightly to make up for the acquisition and just slowly fade it out in 5-10 years... or scrap it immediately and run some brief promo where SGC slabs can be crossed over to PSA, just to get even bigger market share and push BGS further into the dust.

I never did end up subbing all the stuff I mostly still have. I just could not decide between SGC/CGC and now am glad I held off. I now get to decide if I want to wait for a PSA promo like what they had in January, though this acquisition gives me less hope for that, or do I just shrug off that I dislike the new CGC flip and go with them. :roll:

I did get asked frequently at the show where I had a table some weeks ago "why don't/didn't you grade this?" :lol:
I'd be careful with CGC, my one experience with them wasn't good. I also can't stomach the thought of ever giving rat turner any money / supporting anything that he benefits from. BGS seems like they're reformulating and making a go at regaining the market and hopefully they succeed in doing that, although I wouldn't say that any of the third party graders are completely innocent in corruption / incompetence.

It's a shame that PSA bought SGC, I kinda' liked their tuxedo slabs. I also really like TAG grading, their slabs are gorgeous, a definite option for PC stuff.