!!!---TOP 10 Cards from your Player Collection---!!!

Basketball cards and sports talk
ChrisP57
HB Member
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 318 times

Re: !!!---TOP 10 Cards from your Player Collection---!!!

Post by ChrisP57 »

Depitydog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 pm so i plan on doing an insta top 100 countdown soon... so hopefully this doesnt ruin my momentum there :D

Abra has already seen it anyway as he's one of like 2 followers i have on Flickr

(10.) Pete Maravich signed Business Card. This was the final auto i needed to complete my NBA@50 auto chase.
Something i started with my father in 96-97 and i promised i'd finish when he passed away. Getting this one was
tragically hilarious for the seller because he kept ending the auction early and re-listing with just a bit more added to
pad his numbers... it backfired as it pushed a lot of the interest away but i kept on it and the 3rd or 4th time listed
i finally won out for much less than he initially wanted. According to the back of the card, this was signed for a
lawyer from Colorado on an airplane prior to 1982.

(9.) I know this year of Exquisite Rookies is looked down upon but the rainbows are actually rather beautiful. I have
7 of the 9 Brewer's Including this Jersey Numbered and it's likely as far as I'll get. with all the Exquisite collectors out
there, i'm honestly shocked i got 7.

(8.) This is the most terrifying card in my collection as i cant help but feel the acetate lends itself to fading on the autos...
no matter i dont keep my cards out in the open, dont have it displayed on a shelf somewhere... i'm still sure in like
10 years, the autos will simply be gone... paranoia is real folks! I get it... Howard drops the card... but all three High school
kids draft who all 3 won a ring with the Lakers. this card to me is historic and i'll fight anybody who feels Dwight didnt at
least deserve to be in the conversation for top (76) that came out recently... he was straight up elite during his time with
the Magic... and that was with all 3 of his post moves... On card bold blue autos make it oh so much better.

(7.) Quite likely the rarest card i own... the Jambalaya XL's are often mislabled and unknown. Card odds... not player odds
for this set are 1:2160 packs and the difference between the "normal" Jambalaya and the XL is that Holofoil That pops. This has
been a dream card for the longest time since i was lucky enough to pull an Amare when the set was released. This honestly
should be ranked higher...

(6.) Another i didnt have faith i'd ever get to obtain... theres a lot of issues with this card as theres a ton of uncertainty, there
were the originals sold by UDA, aftermarket because oddly enough at some point in time Wilts fist certified auto wasnt something
people wanted and then a flood of forgeries because unsigned versions were produced. what youre always wanting to see is the
diamond hologram on the back... if it's a circle, sorry, you been duped. This one in particular was one of the hand numbered copies
sold directly by UDA and confirmed by UDA to be signed on August 9th, 1993. almost 31 years old. with the added 13 even more special!

(5.) a bit of a cheat as this spot is taken by the full 48 card Veteran/Rookie Cubic Auto set from 2017-18 Panini Revolution. All cards
numbered to 50, All on card with a killer checklist. One Vet from original checklist was never produced (Alonzo) and one rookie (Josh Jackson)
was added via Panini Points. I originally pulled the Aaron Gordon and fell in love.

(4.) This aint a booklet... this is the first complete print run i ever completed. I heard soooooo many people when this product was released
that i was wrong and 5 copies of each letter were made but they are wrong... 5 total produced. as UD Black was 100% redemption, it's likely
that several players from this set were destroyed as non-redeemed. obtained the first 3 copies on my own and a Chris Paul Collector named
Dylan attended National and just so happened to come across the 4th and 5th copies... whatta ya know they are the exact numbers i need to
complete the 5 and he practically gifted them to me. will always be thankful for that and this is the highlight of my BWERE collection!

(3.) Another cheat as this too is a full set. 2008-09 UD Black 50 Greatest Silver Autos including the Oscar Robertson that was never signed
or inserted into packs. 24 cards that make up half(ish) of my NBA@50 chase. By this time UD Black was no longer redemption only like the
Brewer Run listed above but if memory serves correct, their were 2 packs, 4 cards in each box... so still tough to pull from. The only world
this set wouldn't be my number one is where two cards exist that i instantly fell in love with the second they became public... those two are
next.

(2.) nobody knows these cards exist other than me and the people i've annoyed the hell out of by talking about it... (slight hyperbole) but
this is a 10 card set (i'm still in search of the Albert Belle) but the Griffey is far and away the demon of the set... Limited to 62. The only
insert in the entire 1998 SPx Finite Baseball set which was only inserted into series 2 packs. The Marble front with the superfocused player
photo and that giant Holofoil Medallion are incredible touches to a set that doesnt need anything other than the rarity that comes with the
set. I feel highly confident in saying this is one of the hardest 10 card sets to complete ever made.

(1.) there will simply never be a card made that could knock this off my number 1 spot. in 2000, as i chugged away at the Finals Jersey set
(plus 2 autos) from Topps Gold Label... Gorgeous set. it bothered me to no end that due to Kobe being a UD exclusive at this time, didnt
get a card commemorating his first NBA Title.... enter Upper Deck and their Employee Christmas present... jaw Dropped... everything about
this design is perfect. that trophy cutout... the colors... the framing... that photo... EVERY aspect of this card is perfect and it upon first sight
became my ultimate grail...yes, its numbered to 300 which is on the high side... but as it wasnt inserted into packs, it all depended on how
many of those employees was willing to part with their copy to know what was truly available. you tell me to narrow my collection down to
1 card... this is by multitudes the card.
Amazing Stuff!!! The MJ UD Black Auto is AMAZING as is your #1. I really really love that Jambalaya XL of Kobe though. Sheesh that card is insane
Hondo
HB Member
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Hondo »

My Celtics fandom started when i was a kid in the 80's. Larry Bird was my dad's favorite player and so naturally he became mine too. It's only appropriate that my first contribution to this thread is of Larry Legend.

Honorable mention.
Patch booklet with my team's name on? Yes please!

10. Panini Studio Sketch. Cool cards don't have to cost a lot of money. This one is dirt cheap and is one of my favorites. I mean look at that!

9. The thought that these relics have been used in a game in Barcelona playing for the Dream Team is just so cool to me.

8. The green parallel is perfect.

7. Love Noir. Year after year the Feature Length set is hands down the best from the metal sets. This one from 2017-18 narrowly edges out the 2018-19 (that one looks pretty cool too). It's only right that i pair it with Magic.

6. I love One & one. The action shots on the base cards look great. Just need the 2019-20 Bird gold to complete the trio of Birds from the product.

5 I'm a Revolution guy. On-card auto with funky shiny, mesmerizing effects is my kind of shiny cards.

4. Cheating a little bit here but i love having all 3 Bird autos from Gala.

3. The Big blue auto is the reason i love this one.

2. The holofoil on this one is incredible.

1. The first Bird card i ever got after coming back to the hobby in 2018. Loved it then, still love it today.
@havlicek_stole_the_cards on Instagram
Boston Celtics card collector, Collect what you like, Let's go Celtics!
green_stiller
HB Member
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by green_stiller »

Hondo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 am
10. Panini Studio Sketch. Cool cards don't have to cost a lot of money. This one is dirt cheap and is one of my favorites. I mean look at that!
Love that set, nice inclusion!
Primary chase - Lamar Odom RC set
PC - Lamar Odom
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

ChrisP57 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:39 pm
6- 1993-94 Ultra Scoring Kings BGS 8.5

How can this not be on the list?

3-2006-07 Upper Deck Reflections Mirror Images Dual Patch with Lebron James (/50)
The Scoring Kings is NICE, that's an all time classic set in my opinion. Also the All Star jersey on number 3 makes it super special. Easily my favorites from your list.
Depitydog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 pm

(2.) nobody knows these cards exist other than me and the people i've annoyed the hell out of by talking about it... (slight hyperbole) but
this is a 10 card set (i'm still in search of the Albert Belle) but the Griffey is far and away the demon of the set... Limited to 62. The only
insert in the entire 1998 SPx Finite Baseball set which was only inserted into series 2 packs. The Marble front with the superfocused player
photo and that giant Holofoil Medallion are incredible touches to a set that doesnt need anything other than the rarity that comes with the
set. I feel highly confident in saying this is one of the hardest 10 card sets to complete ever made.

(1.) there will simply never be a card made that could knock this off my number 1 spot. in 2000, as i chugged away at the Finals Jersey set
(plus 2 autos) from Topps Gold Label... Gorgeous set. it bothered me to no end that due to Kobe being a UD exclusive at this time, didnt
get a card commemorating his first NBA Title.... enter Upper Deck and their Employee Christmas present... jaw Dropped... everything about
this design is perfect. that trophy cutout... the colors... the framing... that photo... EVERY aspect of this card is perfect and it upon first sight
became my ultimate grail...yes, its numbered to 300 which is on the high side... but as it wasnt inserted into packs, it all depended on how
many of those employees was willing to part with their copy to know what was truly available. you tell me to narrow my collection down to
heyyyyyyy look who it is!

As a Spectrum connoisseur I can appreciate the Griffy Jr., also enjoyed reading about the set. Always something learn about.

That Kobe is so nice, I remember trying to find one back in the day and missed out on a couple opportunities by being late to seeing them for sale. I've since given up the chase lol. You spelled out all the reasons why that card is so appealing, the best of what made Upper Deck UPPER DECK is displayed on that card.

6. I love One & one. The action shots on the base cards look great. Just need the 2019-20 Bird gold to complete the trio of Birds from the product.

The One and One cards have great colors because of the golden border, really cool. Also agree with you on the holofoil, can never have enough holofoil!
Depitydog
HB Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Depitydog »

AbraCalabro wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:52 pm

heyyyyyyy look who it is!

You say Jump, i say how high! :twisted:
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

I fell a little behind, and WOW some mind blowing cards and collections. I hope you entertain my desire to complement them and that I resist the urge to talk about every card.
mindcycle wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 pm Ok, so I tried for a top 10 but it turned into a top 15.. :lol:

#13 - 98-99 Fleer Platinum Medallion /99
My second favorite platinum medallion design. I always liked the photo they used for this one as well.

#11 - 97-98 Skybox Star Rubies /50
These are my favorite year of star rubies. While they've gotten blown out of proportion price wise in recent years they're still really nice in hand. I'd really like a copy of the Nuggets uni card from this set someday but i'm not willing to pay current IG showoff prices.. :lol:)

#6 - 97-98 Fleer Platinum Medallion /100
97 is my favorite year of platinum medallions. The uniqueness of the all b&w photo and the background "finish" they used for this particular parallel is what makes it for me. It's almost like paint spatter or something, you can literally feel it if you rub your finger across the card.
I don't blame you at all for not being able to limit to 10, that's an insane haul and I love the variety from 90s parallels and unique leaf patches to logomans and superfractors. In particular, I love the photography on the platinums and the effects on those and the rubies. I'm sure in hand they're incredibl.
darz90scardz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:02 pm Wish my photos were better and more uniform, but this is my best attempt at an mj top 10, in order.
Like my penny list, a couple of these could probably be swapped out for other stuff depending on the day. For example it was a tossup between Scoring Kings and N-Tense.
But since mindcycle is a dirty cheat and posted 15 McDyess cards, maybe I'll make 2 honorable mention lists later on.

Pulled the Quick Strike at release and it remains one of my favorite cards, and set for that matter.

96-97 Fleer Metal Precious Metal

97-98 Fleer Thrill Seekers
Beautiful cards all around! These two stick out to me; love the effect on that thrill seekers.
green_stiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:27 am This was a difficult list to put together, left off some fun cards, but here we go...

7. 2004-05 Upper Deck Master Press Proofs - I go back and forth on plates, but this one was done correctly

2. 2005-06 Topps Finest Gold Refractor - Not the rarest of cards /39, but probably the prettiest I own

1. 2021-22 Panini National Treasures Lasting Legacies Gold - Warm-up Larry O'Brien Patch
This is such a cool collection! I think the only 2000s heavy we've seen so far so it's cool to see. Agree on the plate auto, I never knew that some plates had a photo card on the other side. That goes a long way to enhance the card. I love those 2005 finest golds, the gold is just so brilliant. In a dream, I pick up the Duncan one day. I agree with your #1 though - that NT trophy patch is the star accompanied by that really beautiful holofoil. Thanks for sharing!
ChrisP57 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:39 pm Alright...here's my Top 10 MJ's

9- 2001-02 Upper Deck MJ's Back Dual Jersey BGS 9.5 (/50)

I love this card because it has Carolina Memorabilia. I feel like there's not a ton of college used MJ memorabilia cards out there

8-1997-98 Skybox Premium Compeitive Advantage BGS 9.5

There are sooooo many awesome looking MJ inserts out there. I love die cuts and this is definitely one of my favorite insert sets of the 90's

3-2006-07 Upper Deck Reflections Mirror Images Dual Patch with Lebron James (/50)

The back has a Lebron patch but it's honestly not worth showing as it's just a solid white patch, but this is my favorite Jordan mem card for one reason. It has a patch from his 1996 All Star Game Jersey.

2-2002-03 Topps Chrome Black Refractor PSA 9 (/99)

It might be sacrilege to have Wizards cards as my favorites, but I can't not have this beautiful Black Refractor on my list. I absolutely love it and also Jordan really doesn't have a ton of numbered color Chrome parallels.
That dual MJ jersey is awesome, very cool concept with the NC and Chi jerseys on the card together. Can't be a lot of those kinds of designs out there. Not to mention the patch with LeBron, feels like anything with those two together tells the story of the last forty years of NBA history. So cool. Also, love seeing the in game action shot on the black refractor, that year is one of my favorites of chrome. Probably '01 and '02 are my tops (no pun intended).
Depitydog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 pm so i plan on doing an insta top 100 countdown soon... so hopefully this doesnt ruin my momentum there :D

Abra has already seen it anyway as he's one of like 2 followers i have on Flickr

(10.) Pete Maravich signed Business Card. This was the final auto i needed to complete my NBA@50 auto chase.
Something i started with my father in 96-97 and i promised i'd finish when he passed away. Getting this one was
tragically hilarious for the seller because he kept ending the auction early and re-listing with just a bit more added to
pad his numbers... it backfired as it pushed a lot of the interest away but i kept on it and the 3rd or 4th time listed
i finally won out for much less than he initially wanted. According to the back of the card, this was signed for a
lawyer from Colorado on an airplane prior to 1982.

(8.) This is the most terrifying card in my collection as i cant help but feel the acetate lends itself to fading on the autos...
no matter i dont keep my cards out in the open, dont have it displayed on a shelf somewhere... i'm still sure in like
10 years, the autos will simply be gone... paranoia is real folks! I get it... Howard drops the card... but all three High school
kids draft who all 3 won a ring with the Lakers. this card to me is historic and i'll fight anybody who feels Dwight didnt at
least deserve to be in the conversation for top (76) that came out recently... he was straight up elite during his time with
the Magic... and that was with all 3 of his post moves... On card bold blue autos make it oh so much better.

(6.) Another i didnt have faith i'd ever get to obtain... theres a lot of issues with this card as theres a ton of uncertainty, there
were the originals sold by UDA, aftermarket because oddly enough at some point in time Wilts fist certified auto wasnt something
people wanted and then a flood of forgeries because unsigned versions were produced. what youre always wanting to see is the
diamond hologram on the back... if it's a circle, sorry, you been duped. This one in particular was one of the hand numbered copies
sold directly by UDA and confirmed by UDA to be signed on August 9th, 1993. almost 31 years old. with the added 13 even more special!

Your whole list is a cheat since it isn't a single player :lol: I absolutely love the way you talk about your cards. Your care for them exudes in those descriptions. I love multi autos, and while I understand what you're saying about people saying Dwight brings the card down, but I agree with your assessment about Dwight being underappreciated in the grand scheme of basketball history. Those guys dominated the NBA for a decade (obviously LeBron for longer).

Wilt auto! Those are mythical to me, so cool to see that. And that Kobe is another level man. Just from the design to the photo to its being uncirculated in product; such a unique and incredible card.
Hondo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 am My Celtics fandom started when i was a kid in the 80's. Larry Bird was my dad's favorite player and so naturally he became mine too. It's only appropriate that my first contribution to this thread is of Larry Legend.

9. The thought that these relics have been used in a game in Barcelona playing for the Dream Team is just so cool to me.

5 I'm a Revolution guy. On-card auto with funky shiny, mesmerizing effects is my kind of shiny cards.

I love your general method. The fact that you have a card that is worth probably a few bucks max on your list is totally my jam as a budget collector. Great cards don't have to be expensive. 2016 studio was a great set, even more so because of it being a one off set. The sketch cards and beautiful and I love the teal base parallels /15. Similar comments on that triple team USA patch: no idea on value but I love that your appreciation for it has to do with the source of the game worn swatches.

There's definitely a reason one and one got so popular, such a beautiful set. Panini on card auto sets like Revolution and Gala are where it's at. They've done a great job with sets like that. Those galas complement each other so well and look incredible together.

This thread is peak card sharing and discussion!
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

This is why in my opinion this board is better than the BO boards as I feel like that there's more appreciation of card collecting here than on BO which feels like it's a lot of people trying to out troll each other on most of the threads there.
Hondo
HB Member

Post by Hondo »

Thanks for the kind words guys. Can't wait to see more cards and hear more stories in this thread. So much fun and i'm learning a lot!
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

green_stiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:27 am 6. 2000-01 Fleer Tradition Autographics Gold - caught a ghost with this one

5. 1999-00 Topps Finest Gold Refractor PSA 10 - not a grading snob, cracked a few on this list, but can't bring myself to crack this 10

3. 2005-06 Upper Deck Exquisite Autograph Patches
I love each of these sets despite not owning a single card from them anymore. The 99-00 Gold RC is already an amazing card, I wouldn't crack a 10 of it either. Beauty.
ChrisP57 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:39 pm 10- 1992-93 Stadium Club Beam Team BGS 9

Just a classic iconic insert from the early 90's. I don't have the Shaq, but MJ will do

8-1997-98 Skybox Premium Compeitive Advantage BGS 9.5

There are sooooo many awesome looking MJ inserts out there. I love die cuts and this is definitely one of my favorite insert sets of the 90's

5- 1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers BGS 9.5

Another great popular insert from the 90's

4-1997-98 Skybox Metal Universe Titanium

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SET. It's my favorite MJ 90's insert set of my collection
These 4 are some of my favorite MJs ever. Each of them are still on my wantlist, well apart from the 92-93 Beam Team which I actually picked up early this morning. The other week I finally caved and made a FB account to buy cards, the Beam was my first purchase.
But I'm still dying to get my hands on a copy of the other 3 too, especially the Titanium. It's one of the nicest diecuts ever and that is hands down the best looking card in the set. If you ever want to move that beauty you know who to reach :mrgreen:

Depitydog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 pm

(7.) Quite likely the rarest card i own... the Jambalaya XL's are often mislabled and unknown. Card odds... not player odds
for this set are 1:2160 packs and the difference between the "normal" Jambalaya and the XL is that Holofoil That pops. This has
been a dream card for the longest time since i was lucky enough to pull an Amare when the set was released. This honestly
should be ranked higher...

(3.) Another cheat as this too is a full set. 2008-09 UD Black 50 Greatest Silver Autos including the Oscar Robertson that was never signed
or inserted into packs. 24 cards that make up half(ish) of my NBA@50 chase. By this time UD Black was no longer redemption only like the
Brewer Run listed above but if memory serves correct, their were 2 packs, 4 cards in each box... so still tough to pull from. The only world
this set wouldn't be my number one is where two cards exist that i instantly fell in love with the second they became public... those two are
next.

Dear lord... These are just amazing cards. Over the last couple months I've been looking into MJ autos way more closely than in the past because I really want to add my first to the pc. It feels like it's a gaping hole in my pc.
That UD Black is a prime example of what I CANNOT go after. That is too good.
By the way I'd have the same fear about the triple, have you ever entertained moving it?
8. The green parallel is perfect.

Love these, your #2 would definitely be my #1. I bought my first Bird auto recently and it makes me appreciate his sig even more, not just the size but the consistency of it.
The One & Ones are some of my favorite Panini designs too, I kind of missed the boat on the gold Pennys as people seem to want an arm and a leg when they do come up. Will probably grab the original/1st year silver at some point.
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

Next player I'll be showing off is Kobe. This was super tough. I think Kobe might be my most valuable PC out of everyone that I collect. Cutting it to 10 cards was tough, but I managed to do it. So off we go!

10-1998-99 Topps East/West w Michael Jordan BGS 9.5

Dual cards of players you PC are tricky, so although there at least 10 other MJ's I like better, on the Kobe side, it's definitely of my favorite Kobe cards in my collection.

9- 2000-01 UD Legends Legendary Jerseys Dual with Michael Jordan

Same concept as #10 but it's a early issue dual game used jersey card of two of the greatest

8-1999-00 UD Game Jerseys

The newest addition to my Kobe collection. I showed it off in the rolling mailday thread, but it was a shoe in as one of my favorite cards. Pre 2000's UD Game Jersey cards are my favorite as they still feel like special cards

7-1999-00 NBA Hoops Pure Players /500 (PSA 9)

My 2nd most recent Kobe pickup. Serial numbered nice looking insert from the late 90's

6-2007-08 Bowman Sterling Gold Refractor Jersey Card /25 PSA 9

This card is absolutely STUNNING. Gorgeous Gold Refractor with a swatch of a game used jersey

5- 1996-97 Topps Draft Redemption

Cracked Ice before Cracked Ice was a thing. Another beautiful card from Kobe's rookie year

4- 2004-05 Topps Chrome Gold Refractor /99 PSA 8

Another Gold Refractor, but this time from Topps Chrome. Super nice card

3-2015-16 Panini Flawless Patches Ruby /12

My favorite game used card of Kobe. I bought this way before the Pandemic thankfully. What more can you say? Panini's most high end brand (minus the years they release Eminence), a huge mulitcolored patch and numbered to only 12 copies

2-2016-07 Panini Noir Autograph Jersey Patch /40

Pulled this myself. Noir is a underrated brand in my opinion. Some of the nicest cards come from this brand. This card is one of them. Love the black and white photo, nice patch and on card auto.

1- 1996-97 Topps Finest Heirs Gold Refractor RC PSA 9

Not only my favorite and best Kobe, but my favorite, best, and most expensive card of my entire collection. The top of the top. I am super biased, but give me this over pretty much every other Kobe rookie parallel out there. It just...POPS. I love the photo used, the design of the card and of course the Gold. I was very fortunate to pick this up back in 2016 for around $550. I'd never be able to add this post pandemic.
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

SacKingsCards wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:56 am Your whole list is a cheat since it isn't a single player :lol:
whoops... how did i not notice that? haha... i'll contribute a few times appropriately :geek: appreciate the words as well man!
ChrisP57 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:39 pm Amazing Stuff!!! The MJ UD Black Auto is AMAZING as is your #1. I really really love that Jambalaya XL of Kobe though. Sheesh that card is insane
Thank you! if it werent for the pesky Lebron i'd try for the Jambalaya XL set... almost had a shaq at National but hesitated a bit too long and it bolted
darz90scardz wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:45 am Dear lord... These are just amazing cards. Over the last couple months I've been looking into MJ autos way more closely than in the past because I really want to add my first to the pc. It feels like it's a gaping hole in my pc.
That UD Black is a prime example of what I CANNOT go after. That is too good.
By the way I'd have the same fear about the triple, have you ever entertained moving it?
Thanks so much. love the diversity of your collections! i absolutely love the UD Black set... i only wish they'd put more than 25 guys in it... there were so many signing at the time that werent included... I remember when the Jordan jumped above 1000 i thought i'd missed my chance... then for some unexplained reason, his market dipped just a bit and i snagged it for a bit under 900... i wouldnt be able to touch this set if i had to start today... I've considered moving the triple but with Kobe being one of my main PC's and needing a Lebron for the NBA@75 i always hesistate thinking i wont be able to get two seperate autos i like more than this one... and the Bron being on Card is a huge plus. once i get a singular Lebron Auto it might be easier to move because then i might be able to focus on a pure upgrade for Kobe.
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

Kyle threw out to me that this card exists a while back when i picked up my Phil Jackson auto... i had no idea he had a Coach card and it's the card i need to appropriately finish off my 2000 Finals Collection.

Add that its Gala which is one of the best looking sets made... i love it so much.
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

ChrisP57 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm Next player I'll be showing off is Kobe. This was super tough. I think Kobe might be my most valuable PC out of everyone that I collect. Cutting it to 10 cards was tough, but I managed to do it. So off we go!

Not only my favorite and best Kobe, but my favorite, best, and most expensive card of my entire collection. The top of the top. I am super biased, but give me this over pretty much every other Kobe rookie parallel out there. It just...POPS. I love the photo used, the design of the card and of course the Gold. I was very fortunate to pick this up back in 2016 for around $550. I'd never be able to add this post pandemic.
Theyre all amazing but these two are making me drool... i'm trying to add just the "normal" gold Kobe now... hard finding one for what you paid for the Refractor way all 8 years ago
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

alright... now that i know the rules...

so most of these were "sold"*practically gifted to me by Tyler... some of you might know him as TWard/Tylersportsguy/Anymannings

My focus at this time was squarely on my Ronnie Brewer collection so as much as i wanted to go after Weems, i just couldnt... being born in West Memphis, Sonny was right in the spot to make Tyler a fan as well.

He Came to Arkansas with Patrick Beverley right after the Ronnie Brewer years and kept us respectable... shortly after their departure, we imploded something fierce but Sonny ended his career Spanking Eric Gordon for 31 points and bowing out in the second round to Tyler Hansbrough's UNC Team

(10.) get ready for a bit of Red... 2008 Rookies were the first to have this version of refractors and BOY did they hit it off... all of the Red's are huge. Patrolcards on instagram has made quite a few collectors happy while going after the true Chrome Reds... The Bowman Chrome doesnt hit quite the same mark but that shine... with that said

(9.) Exquisite... what more needs to be said... Ridiculous oversized All-Star Throwback... ALLLLLL the foil and if ya look close enough at his face, you'd think his name was Sonny Weeds

(8.) are the Nuggets patches capable of being lame? i havent found one yet... These Exquisite Rookie Rainbow parallels were must haves for player PC's at this time. one of my favorite Exquisite Rookie Designs as well.

(7.) there she is... this set and parallel have now cemented themselves as iconic...The rookie class paired with Lebron and Kobe base photography have made these so sought after... numbered to 5, cant go wrong with any player

(6.) speaking of numbered to 5... a bit deeper dive into the 2008 Topps Chrome set was this Auto'd Gold Rookie... as rare as the Red/5 is... i see far more of them than i do these auto Gold/5... funny how that is.

(5.) While i'd love to drop one level down for the Superfractor, my Chrome Rookie chase ends one spot short with this Red Rookie auto numbered to 3.

(4.) the Red's are technically better but again... those Nugget patches!!! paired with UD Black and i just frigging love it.

(3.) Some might honestly say the Red's are better than this one as well... but again, all two selling points from above and add that Blue Platinum Holofoil, just gorgeous.

(2.) How the hell is this Number 2? listen... i love it. i understand it... But i'm on record from the very beginning of not being the biggest Logoman fan... (Excluding the gold from 96-97) I have to stay true to my convictions!!!

(1.) This however... this is truly special. i believe they only produced these neck patch cards in two sets...More specific to the player on the card than the Logoman and and just friggin cool as all hell... I'd normally try to get it signed in person but seeing some of Sonny Weems IP Autos, i'll hold back and keep as is. I've actually considered making customs for a few other players of this set... it always stops me in my tracks when im skimming through my cards
green_stiller
HB Member
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by green_stiller »

ChrisP57 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm Next player I'll be showing off is Kobe. This was super tough. I think Kobe might be my most valuable PC out of everyone that I collect. Cutting it to 10 cards was tough, but I managed to do it. So off we go!

3-2015-16 Panini Flawless Patches Ruby /12

My favorite game used card of Kobe. I bought this way before the Pandemic thankfully. What more can you say? Panini's most high end brand (minus the years they release Eminence), a huge mulitcolored patch and numbered to only 12 copies

Me - how is this flawless chunky patch #3!?! Also me when I got to #1... Ohhh that'll do it. Gorgeous Kobe collection! Jealous as someone who collects Odom in part because my favorite Lakers are too damn pricey.
Depitydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:17 pm alright... now that i know the rules...

so most of these were "sold"*practically gifted to me by Tyler... some of you might know him as TWard/Tylersportsguy/Anymannings

My focus at this time was squarely on my Ronnie Brewer collection so as much as i wanted to go after Weems, i just couldnt... being born in West Memphis, Sonny was right in the spot to make Tyler a fan as well.

He Came to Arkansas with Patrick Beverley right after the Ronnie Brewer years and kept us respectable... shortly after their departure, we imploded something fierce but Sonny ended his career Spanking Eric Gordon for 31 points and bowing out in the second round to Tyler Hansbrough's UNC Team
Another 2000s era post. Some awesome stuff in there!
Primary chase - Lamar Odom RC set
PC - Lamar Odom
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

9- 2000-01 UD Legends Legendary Jerseys Dual with Michael Jordan

Same concept as #10 but it's a early issue dual game used jersey card of two of the greatest

8-1999-00 UD Game Jerseys

The newest addition to my Kobe collection. I showed it off in the rolling mailday thread, but it was a shoe in as one of my favorite cards. Pre 2000's UD Game Jersey cards are my favorite as they still feel like special cards

My 2nd most recent Kobe pickup. Serial numbered nice looking insert from the late 90's
Love this three card stretch. It's no secret I'm a huge memoarabilia card guy, so a dual with MJ and one of the original GU sets? That's where it's at. Obviously that Flawless patch too is eye-popping. The Pure Players is a really nice looking card. And late 90's serial numbered
Depitydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:17 pm alright... now that i know the rules...

(8.) are the Nuggets patches capable of being lame? i havent found one yet... These Exquisite Rookie Rainbow parallels were must haves for player PC's at this time. one of my favorite Exquisite Rookie Designs as well.

(7.) there she is... this set and parallel have now cemented themselves as iconic...The rookie class paired with Lebron and Kobe base photography have made these so sought after... numbered to 5, cant go wrong with any player

(4.) the Red's are technically better but again... those Nugget patches!!! paired with UD Black and i just frigging love it.

(2.) How the hell is this Number 2? listen... i love it. i understand it... But i'm on record from the very beginning of not being the biggest Logoman fan... (Excluding the gold from 96-97) I have to stay true to my convictions!!!
I'm with you on the Nuggets: they've been incredible dating back to what? The 70s? 80s? The Exquisite and Black are just incredible cards with the foil and patches. This year is special to me because it's Westbrook's rookie year, so I love all these cards. I agree that the Chrome red has become iconic, I love that they did those /5 in 2008. All that said, man that logoman is where it's at. A dream for any player or team collector to own a card like that. Incredible collection my man. Just messing about following the rules btw ;) glad you got the Weems top 10 in here
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

(9.) Exquisite... what more needs to be said... Ridiculous oversized All-Star Throwback... ALLLLLL the foil and if ya look close enough at his face, you'd think his name was Sonny Weeds

Just a comment about TWard the cards being practically gifted: those were the days. You will basically never see this happen today.

Also, this card is my favorite of them all, the holofoil must be incredible in hand and it's great that you've got an All Star patch...not sure he's as excited about the card lol, but maybe he was tired.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Man, I need to get back in this thread more, so much awesome stuff!

The Weems stuff is right up my alley Dep! Love that logoman, and the Exquisite is well.. exquisite. :lol:
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
Hondo
HB Member

Post by Hondo »

With the Playoffs starting today, Had to share a top 10 of my guy Jayson Tatum. It's championship or bust for these guys. I'm hoping this is finally the year they break through and get over the hump and bring home Banner 18.

I'm a sucker for these Metal framed Noir cards so had to include this as an Honorable mention.

The Original My House from 2019-20 is a favorite. I have this one displayed in my work office. I just love the design compared to the other years.

Galactic with a fun die-cut? Sign me up!

The Gold borders on this Ticket themed card is really shiny.

I work at a national newspaper so this one really appeals to me.

I love the soaring dunk pose over the shiny chrome card.

Gotta have a nice game worn patch of my guy and Flawless always delivers.

I've always wondered why Opulence never took off as a brand. They have some nice looking cards. The holofoil, embossing & gold etching patterns are so nice!

Love me some Fat Prizm in Spectra.

My first Tatum autograph will always be right at the top of my favorite Tatum cards.

I just love everything about this card. Young Tatum in his rookie photoshoot with that classic Optic borders & Nice bold blue auto.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Some really nice Tatum cards Hondo!

I also love your photography. It's very vibrant and brings out the colors on the cards quite nicely.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

ChrisP57 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm 5- 1996-97 Topps Draft Redemption

Cracked Ice before Cracked Ice was a thing. Another beautiful card from Kobe's rookie year

These are incredible. I always thought these were some on the nicest Kobe cards ever, just look at those action shots. I still plan on grabbing the Draft Redemption at some point, but I definitely missed the boat on the gold.

He even gifted me some cards at one point. I want to say it was a giveaway contest he had done around Christmas one year.
mindcycle wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:49 am Some really nice Tatum cards Hondo!

I also love your photography. It's very vibrant and brings out the colors on the cards quite nicely.
^ This. I wish I was able to showcase my pc that elegantly.
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
Hondo
HB Member

Post by Hondo »

mindcycle wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:49 am Some really nice Tatum cards Hondo!

^ This. I wish I was able to showcase my pc that elegantly.
[/quote]

Thanks guys! Appreciate it! I really enjoy trying to get nice photos of cards. With nice photography, even a dollar/cheap card can look like a million bucks! haha
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

Hondo wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 am With the Playoffs starting today, Had to share a top 10 of my guy Jayson Tatum. It's championship or bust for these guys. I'm hoping this is finally the year they break through and get over the hump and bring home Banner 18.

I'm a sucker for these Metal framed Noir cards so had to include this as an Honorable mention.

The Original My House from 2019-20 is a favorite. I have this one displayed in my work office. I just love the design compared to the other years.

Galactic with a fun die-cut? Sign me up!

The Gold borders on this Ticket themed card is really shiny.

I work at a national newspaper so this one really appeals to me.

I love the soaring dunk pose over the shiny chrome card.

Gotta have a nice game worn patch of my guy and Flawless always delivers.

I've always wondered why Opulence never took off as a brand. They have some nice looking cards. The holofoil, embossing & gold etching patterns are so nice!

Love me some Fat Prizm in Spectra.

My first Tatum autograph will always be right at the top of my favorite Tatum cards.

I just love everything about this card. Young Tatum in his rookie photoshoot with that classic Optic borders & Nice bold blue auto.
Love these Tatums!!! So many nice on card autos!!!
Hondo
HB Member

Post by Hondo »

^ Thanks a lot Chris! Appreciate it!
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

I have a small Jayson Tatum collection myself. Not enough to really have a Top 10 but definitely a Top 5

5-2017-08 Panini Donruss Optic The Rookies Lime Green Holo #/175

Not a pure color match, but still a nice looking Green Parallel from Tatum's rookie season

4-2017-18 Panini Prizm Green Prizm RC

Pack Pulled myself. I don't typically go for or keep retail unnumbered parallels, but this one is the one exception. A beautiful color match

3- 2017-18 Panini Contenders Premium Vertical Auto RC

Love that Contenders included a shiny version of their rookie autos. Optic Contenders would come out the following year so this is the closest card to that.

2-2017-18 Panini Donruss Optic Rated Rookie Autograph RC Purple Holo

Similar to the one Hondo showed off, but mine is the retail exclusive Purple parallel. Unnumbered, but like Hondo said, just an amazing looking card with a nice on card sig and iconic Rated Rookie Logo

1-2017-18 Panini Prizm Blue Ice RC (/99)

I absolutely love the Blue Ice parallel. I'm thankful I was able to pick this and the rookie autos I have of Tatum up during his rookie season and not during or after the covid boom.