!!!---TOP 10 Cards from your Player Collection---!!!

Basketball cards and sports talk
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: !!!---TOP 10 Cards from your Player Collection---!!!

Post by mindcycle »

Ok, so I tried for a top 10 but it turned into a top 15.. :lol:

#15 - 2000 UD Pro Sign Gold Auto /25
A number of years back I was super close to winning a 99 SP Sign of the Times gold /25 but was outbid. This card showed up a week or so later and luckily I came out as the high bidder on this one. I would have rather won the sign of the times but this was a nice consolation prize. I haven't seen another since then.

#14 - 95-96 Topps/Score Board Buyback RC Auto /995
These are fairly easy to find and luckily not all that expensive usually. It's a nice "rookie auto" even though it's a buyback and had the unfortunate fate of being a Scoreboard branded card lol.

#13 - 98-99 Fleer Platinum Medallion /99
My second favorite platinum medallion design. I always liked the photo they used for this one as well.

#12 - 05-06 Topps Overtime 1/1
I believe I picked this one up in 2016 or 2017, something like that. Was randomly browsing eBay one night sitting on the toilet and ran across this one and hit the BIN super quick. Was maybe like $120 I think (which believe it or not was probably high for these at the time) but when you see a 1/1 of your PC guy while on the toilet you just grab it lol.

#11 - 97-98 Skybox Star Rubies /50
These are my favorite year of star rubies. While they've gotten blown out of proportion price wise in recent years they're still really nice in hand. I'd really like a copy of the Nuggets uni card from this set someday but i'm not willing to pay current IG showoff prices.. :lol:)

#10 - 97-98 Flair Showcase Row 0 Legacy Collection /100
These are just stellar looking in hand. I tried to capture it with the second background photo (look to the left of the main photo) which turns out is pretty hard to do.

#9 - 97-98 UD SPx Finite Spectrum Top Flight /50
As Abra pointed out these cards will mesmerize you and he's not lying. I don't remember seeing anything even close to the uniqueness of this design in the 90's, 2000's, or later even, and likely nothing will tbh.

#8 - 2020 Leaf The Chosen Few Patch 1/1
This one hung out on eBay for a year or two at a really high BIN, then a few weeks before Xmas in 2022 I think it was the seller listed it as an auction at a somewhat reasonable price and I think I was the only bidder. Good timing for buying, not so much for selling but i'll take it, lol. The patch is from McDyess's sole All-Star appearance in 2001.

#7 - 98-99 Topps Gold Label Red Label Class 2 /50
These were a one and done product in bball (I think they might have done 2 years for football and baseball..?). Really cool cards though, had the Falir-"esque" design using two different photos within a single card.

#6 - 97-98 Fleer Platinum Medallion /100
97 is my favorite year of platinum medallions. The uniqueness of the all b&w photo and the background "finish" they used for this particular parallel is what makes it for me. It's almost like paint spatter or something, you can literally feel it if you rub your finger across the card.

#5 - 97 UD SPx Promotion Auto
Hologram technology with a sharp blue ink auto? Yes please.

#4 - 04-05 UD SP Game Used Edition Logoman 1/1
This card is a strange amalgamation of three different teams. The photo features McDyess in a Suns jersey, it has the Pistons logo as he was playing with them at the time, and the logoman patch is from a Knicks jersey.. :lol: Despite all that ridiculousness I beleive this is his only logoman card. I raised funds to buy this card in 2020 by listening to all the "investor" dorks like Ge-off Wilson and selling whatever they were telling people to buy. Besides being logoman, which is cool and all, it will always hold a place in my favorites just due to that I think lol.

#3 - 97-98 Finest Embossed Refractor /74
So hard to take a decent photo of this one while in it's PSA tomb, I really need to crack this one out.. :twisted: Still a very stunning card in hand with the atomic refractor parallel design on both the front and back along with the embossing which really pops out at you. Definitely one of my favorites.

#2 - 95-96 Topps Finest Rack Pack Test Refractor RC
Not released in packs, these got into the wild somehow and I believe a lot (if not most) of them are sheet cut. I'm pretty sure this one is along with a second copy I have as the dimensions are all out of wack. Despite that, it's McDyess's only refractor RC since for some odd reason 95 Finest didn't have refractors for rookies.. Collectors are still scratching their heads at that decision almost 30 years later lol. Can you imagine how big of a card a Joe Smith, Jerry Stackhouse, or Kevin Garnett refractor RC would have been back in 95?

#1 - 96-97 Flair Showcase Row 2 Legacy Collection /150
Nothing will ever top these two photos of McDyess and the awesome Flair card design. At least for me. It perfectly captures McDyess in his heyday IMO.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

ChrisP57 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:23 pm 7-2000-01 Upper Deck Game Jersey Autograph

5-1997-98 Topps Generations Refractor

4-1998-99 Topps Stadium Club Triumvirate Luminescent

2-1997-98 Skybox Premium Golden Touch

#1-1998-99 Fleer Brilliants Gold Parallel (#/99)

mindcycle wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 pm Ok, so I tried for a top 10 but it turned into a top 15.. :lol:

no words

beautiful stuff
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

darz90scardz wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:23 pm
What year did you grab the Kemp? But yea, I definitely have that in mind. I love how the matching blue looks on the Penny. Here's to hoping! What sucks is that it just takes a few wealthy dildos to keep the numbers artificially high, but I think even that...at some point, will cease to work for most cards except the most rare stuff. Really hope the market tanks lmao.
Hopefully the prices come to a halt soon, none of this makes sense. If there's a shortage of buyers en masse, I think it will cripple the big names enough. The Kemp I grabbed probably around 2015. Worth every penny............no pun intended.
ChrisP57 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:23 pm So admittedly my Penny PC isn't the greatest. Unfortunately, I sold the bulk of my Penny PC along with everything else in 2011 and got out of collecting for 5 years before coming back in 2016. I've picked up some things here and there, but it will never compare to my original collection.
Still, I have some decent stuff I believe. Here is are my top 10 Pennys

10-1993-94 Topps FInest RC

I know on it's face this seems underwhelming. It's not even the refractor! But, this has a ton of sentimental value to me as it's the card that my parents bought me for Christmas when I was 10 years old. I'll always cherish this card, because my parents, who knew little to nothing about cards, went to the trouble of going to our local flea market to find one and pick it up. I believe they paid $10, which is actually a pretty good price at the time. There was no Ebay, so finding a Penny Finest, especially in Corpus Christi, Texas, wasn't the easiest thing to do. I may have sold a lot of my original collection, but this was something I could never sell

8-2015-16 Panini Immaculate Sneaker Swatches (/44)

This card is THICKKKKK lol. The uniqueness of being a swatch from a game used shoe puts this on my Top 10 list
My favorites here. The Finest is an ICON, sucks about the discoloration over the years. I'd love to have picked up the base and the refractor. The Webber is another major card, I remember the refractors being mythical. Love the shoe patch card, those are really something else dude, so glad I got mine when I did. I don't think one can appreciate the bulk of these cards without having one in hand. These cards cards are freaking cinder blocks.
mindcycle wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 pm Ok, so I tried for a top 10 but it turned into a top 15.. :lol:

These are just stellar looking in hand. I tried to capture it with the second background photo (look to the left of the main photo) which turns out is pretty hard to do.

As Abra pointed out these cards will mesmerize you and he's not lying. I don't remember seeing anything even close to the uniqueness of this design in the 90's, 2000's, or later even, and likely nothing will tbh.

This one hung out on eBay for a year or two at a really high BIN, then a few weeks before Xmas in 2022 I think it was the seller listed it as an auction at a somewhat reasonable price and I think I was the only bidder. Good timing for buying, not so much for selling but i'll take it, lol. The patch is from McDyess's sole All-Star appearance in 2001.

These were a one and done product in bball (I think they might have done 2 years for football and baseball..?). Really cool cards though, had the Falir-"esque" design using two different photos within a single card.

97 is my favorite year of platinum medallions. The uniqueness of the all b&w photo and the background "finish" they used for this particular parallel is what makes it for me. It's almost like paint spatter or something, you can literally feel it if you rub your finger across the card.

Not released in packs, these got into the wild somehow and I believe a lot (if not most) of them are sheet cut. I'm pretty sure this one is along with a second copy I have as the dimensions are all out of wack. Despite that, it's McDyess's only refractor RC since for some odd reason 95 Finest didn't have refractors for rookies.. Collectors are still scratching their heads at that decision almost 30 years later lol. Can you imagine how big of a card a Joe Smith, Jerry Stackhouse, or Kevin Garnett refractor RC would have been back in 95?

Nothing will ever top these two photos of McDyess and the awesome Flair card design. At least for me. It perfectly captures McDyess in his heyday IMO.
I think most of you guys know my love for Flair Showcase here, so I won't go too far into commentary on those, but they're obviously gorgeous examples of the best from the 90s. SPx Finite TOP FLIGHT Spectrum, absolute BEAST of a card dude. Love the photo, love everything about it. Finally, ...the Rack Pack, I wish I grabbed some of these when I had the chance, I've seen refractors of the various inserts of 94/95 Finest as well and wish I had those too. As you mentioned, I don't know what they were thinking by not making refractors out of these, but that makes the allure of these scarcely seen cards all the more pronounced. They have such great colors to work with the refractor technology too...shame. Same with 95/96 RCs...no refractor parallels, also as you mentioned.
AbraCalabro
HB Member

Post by AbraCalabro »

Cardiac kemba pc wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:55 am Some terrific cards in this thread!

As the name suggest my primary collection is focused around Kemba Walker. Thus all panini era cards. Whilst not the best manufacturer imo, the cards noted in my current top 10 keep me thoroughly happy.

10. 2015 Galactic. The first and the best!

9. Totally certified mirror gold /10 diecut. First and only. Immaculate shine.

8. 2015 spectra nebula 1/1. The first panini nebula.

7. 2017 status Kaleidoscope 1/1. Also the first.

6. 2017 prizm black 1/1. The first 1/1 I owned.

5. 2016 optic gold vinyl. The first

4. 2018 immaculate logoman GU 1/1. His last hornets issued logoman.

3. 2013 black prizm 1/1 hobby release. This is the first for basketball and also the best.

2. 2012 gold prizm bgs 9.5 /10. I picked this up during the time of the releases 10th anniversary and was at the same time kemba made a brief stint with the Mavs scoring +30 points. (Exciting time)

1. 2012 Immaculate 1/1 player worn logoman AU. This is the holy grail of my PC. I'd say it is Kembas best card ever made. He has a NT logoman RPA however it's horizontal and therefore not as desirable to me. I gave up my MJ 86 fleer plus cash for this one...yes you heard me :D I traded a jordan for Kemba. I figured a 1/1 it literally was a once in a lifetime opportunity to pickup the best card of my favourite player of all time. I don't regret it and glad I did it and just adds to the story.

Thanks for checking them out.
dude...holy shit. wow. :shock:

Cardiac kemba pc
HB Member
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Cardiac kemba pc »

:D
AbraCalabro wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:08 pm
Cardiac kemba pc wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:55 am Some terrific cards in this thread!

As the name suggest my primary collection is focused around Kemba Walker. Thus all panini era cards. Whilst not the best manufacturer imo, the cards noted in my current top 10 keep me thoroughly happy.

10. 2015 Galactic. The first and the best!

9. Totally certified mirror gold /10 diecut. First and only. Immaculate shine.

8. 2015 spectra nebula 1/1. The first panini nebula.

7. 2017 status Kaleidoscope 1/1. Also the first.

6. 2017 prizm black 1/1. The first 1/1 I owned.

5. 2016 optic gold vinyl. The first

4. 2018 immaculate logoman GU 1/1. His last hornets issued logoman.

3. 2013 black prizm 1/1 hobby release. This is the first for basketball and also the best.

2. 2012 gold prizm bgs 9.5 /10. I picked this up during the time of the releases 10th anniversary and was at the same time kemba made a brief stint with the Mavs scoring +30 points. (Exciting time)

1. 2012 Immaculate 1/1 player worn logoman AU. This is the holy grail of my PC. I'd say it is Kembas best card ever made. He has a NT logoman RPA however it's horizontal and therefore not as desirable to me. I gave up my MJ 86 fleer plus cash for this one...yes you heard me :D I traded a jordan for Kemba. I figured a 1/1 it literally was a once in a lifetime opportunity to pickup the best card of my favourite player of all time. I don't regret it and glad I did it and just adds to the story.

Thanks for checking them out.
dude...holy shit. wow. :shock:

Appreciate it mate 🙌
Searching for;
Rare Kemba Walker
Rare Glen Rice (hornets only)
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

Wish my photos were better and more uniform, but this is my best attempt at an mj top 10, in order.
Like my penny list, a couple of these could probably be swapped out for other stuff depending on the day. For example it was a tossup between Scoring Kings and N-Tense.
But since mindcycle is a dirty cheat and posted 15 McDyess cards, maybe I'll make 2 honorable mention lists later on.

Pulled the Quick Strike at release and it remains one of my favorite cards, and set for that matter.

93-94 Fleer Ultra Scoring Kings

96-97 Fleer Metal Precious Metal

97-98 Topps Rock Stars Refractor

97-98 Skybox Z-Force Quick Strike

94-95 Topps Finest Refractor

97-98 Topps Stadium Club (series 1) Triumvirate Luminescent

93-94 Topps Finest Refractor

96-97 Bowman's Best Cuts Atomic Refractor

97-98 Fleer Thrill Seekers

97-98 Skybox Z-Force Rave Review
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
ChrisP57
HB Member
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 318 times

Post by ChrisP57 »

A number of years back I was super close to winning a 99 SP Sign of the Times gold /25 but was outbid. This card showed up a week or so later and luckily I came out as the high bidder on this one. I would have rather won the sign of the times but this was a nice consolation prize. I haven't seen another since then.

#14 - 95-96 Topps/Score Board Buyback RC Auto /995
These are fairly easy to find and luckily not all that expensive usually. It's a nice "rookie auto" even though it's a buyback and had the unfortunate fate of being a Scoreboard branded card lol.

#13 - 98-99 Fleer Platinum Medallion /99
My second favorite platinum medallion design. I always liked the photo they used for this one as well.

#12 - 05-06 Topps Overtime 1/1
I believe I picked this one up in 2016 or 2017, something like that. Was randomly browsing eBay one night sitting on the toilet and ran across this one and hit the BIN super quick. Was maybe like $120 I think (which believe it or not was probably high for these at the time) but when you see a 1/1 of your PC guy while on the toilet you just grab it lol.

These are my favorite year of star rubies. While they've gotten blown out of proportion price wise in recent years they're still really nice in hand. I'd really like a copy of the Nuggets uni card from this set someday but i'm not willing to pay current IG showoff prices.. :lol:)

#4 - 04-05 UD SP Game Used Edition Logoman 1/1
This card is a strange amalgamation of three different teams. The photo features McDyess in a Suns jersey, it has the Pistons logo as he was playing with them at the time, and the logoman patch is from a Knicks jersey.. :lol: Despite all that ridiculousness I beleive this is his only logoman card. I raised funds to buy this card in 2020 by listening to all the "investor" dorks like Ge-off Wilson and selling whatever they were telling people to buy. Besides being logoman, which is cool and all, it will always hold a place in my favorites just due to that I think lol.

So hard to take a decent photo of this one while in it's PSA tomb, I really need to crack this one out.. :twisted: Still a very stunning card in hand with the atomic refractor parallel design on both the front and back along with the embossing which really pops out at you. Definitely one of my favorites.

Damnnnn these are some SICK McDyess cards!
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

darz90scardz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:02 pm Wish my photos were better and more uniform, but this is my best attempt at an mj top 10, in order.
Like my penny list, a couple of these could probably be swapped out for other stuff depending on the day. For example it was a tossup between Scoring Kings and N-Tense.
But since mindcycle is a dirty cheat and posted 15 McDyess cards, maybe I'll make 2 honorable mention lists later on.

Pulled the Quick Strike at release and it remains one of my favorite cards, and set for that matter.

I was waiting for some MJ action and this did not disappoint. Super jealous that it's all from his Bulls Playing Days. I'm fortunate to own the Quick Strike and Scoring Kings myself. I can't choose those which I love more. The Original MJ Refractor has been on my wish list for a lonnnnng time and Rock Stars is one of my favorite insert sets of the 90's. I have the regular version of the MJ, but again, the refractor is a must have for me. Amazing stuff! MJ might be my next showcase now
green_stiller
HB Member
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by green_stiller »

There are some BEAUTIES in this thread that I wish Odom had... Fleer Brilliants, Immaculate shoe cards, some of the early Finest Atomics. Good stuff!
Primary chase - Lamar Odom RC set
PC - Lamar Odom
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

darz90scardz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:02 pm Wish my photos were better and more uniform, but this is my best attempt at an mj top 10, in order.

Those are some stellar MJ cards man! Love the Finest refractors. Thrill Seekers is one of my favorites in my Duncan PC, those are super nice with the PMG Champ background. The Rave Review cards are super nice too!
green_stiller
HB Member

Post by green_stiller »

It’s crazy the cards that are popping out here. When Rubies (McDyess) and MJ refractors are aren’t in the top 5 you’re collecting right
PC - Lamar Odom
green_stiller
HB Member

Post by green_stiller »

This was a difficult list to put together, left off some fun cards, but here we go...

Honorable Mention: 2006-07 Upper Deck Exquisite Triple Patches - Lamar Hardwood Classics patches just don't exist, and the cards are gorgeous

10. 2020-21 Panini Prizm Sensational Swatches Prime - Post playing days, but Odom hasn't been spammed in modern stuff and you don't see many Prizm patches

9. 2004-05 Hoops Hot Prospects Double Team - Team USA Bronze patch elevates this one for me

8. 2002-03 Fleer Ultra "O!" - Poor mans logoman from a tag

7. 2004-05 Upper Deck Master Press Proofs - I go back and forth on plates, but this one was done correctly

6. 2000-01 Fleer Tradition Autographics Gold - caught a ghost with this one

5. 1999-00 Topps Finest Gold Refractor PSA 10 - not a grading snob, cracked a few on this list, but can't bring myself to crack this 10

4. 1999-00 Topps Gold Label Red Label Class 1 and 2

3. 2005-06 Upper Deck Exquisite Autograph Patches

2. 2005-06 Topps Finest Gold Refractor - Not the rarest of cards /39, but probably the prettiest I own

1. 2021-22 Panini National Treasures Lasting Legacies Gold - Warm-up Larry O'Brien Patch
PC - Lamar Odom
AbraCalabro
HB Member

Post by AbraCalabro »

green_stiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:27 am This was a difficult list to put together, left off some fun cards, but here we go...

Honorable Mention: 2006-07 Upper Deck Exquisite Triple Patches - Lamar Hardwood Classics patches just don't exist, and the cards are gorgeous

10. 2020-21 Panini Prizm Sensational Swatches Prime - Post playing days, but Odom hasn't been spammed in modern stuff and you don't see many Prizm patches

9. 2004-05 Hoops Hot Prospects Double Team - Team USA Bronze patch elevates this one for me

7. 2004-05 Upper Deck Master Press Proofs - I go back and forth on plates, but this one was done correctly

Great Exquisites dude, some some juicy patches in there. I completely forgot that Odom was originally with the Clippers, so it's cool to see the Clippers stuff, the Autographics looks great. I had no idea he was ever on the Miami Heat though lol, but reading the back of that card it was cool to see where the patches came from, which you also mentioned in your commentary. I wish Panini would do that with their patch stuff, but I guess I can understand that with a lot of the patches for long retired players, that may not be feasible, due to lack of records.

That printing plate is SICK, you actually get to see a pic of the finished card on the back, I have to agree, that's how it's done correctly.
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

Wow green_stiller, sooo many awesome Odmon cards!

That Exquisite auto/patch is crazy, the patch on the NT Lakers card of the Larry O'Brien trophy is insane as well. 👏👏
Depitydog
HB Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Depitydog »

ChrisP57 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:23 pm So admittedly my Penny PC isn't the greatest. Unfortunately, I sold the bulk of my Penny PC along with everything else in 2011 and got out of collecting for 5 years before coming back in 2016. I've picked up some things here and there, but it will never compare to my original collection.
Still, I have some decent stuff I believe. Here is are my top 10 Pennys

no shame in these at all! that sneaker card is beautiful
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

green_stiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:27 am This was a difficult list to put together, left off some fun cards, but here we go...
I should probly tell ya this on instagram from time to time but you've got one of my favorite collections to view.

If it werent for the Lakers Jersey... the Gold Label Reds are WAYYYYYYY prettier than the Finest gold
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

alright... Darz shouldnt be allowed to play anymore...
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

darz90scardz wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:21 am

Speaking of Finite Spectrum, figured you’d get a kick out of this:
6795C163-E42A-465E-AF4D-1248DCAAE883.jpeg
I like it more than Abra!
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

Alright...here's my Top 10 MJ's

10- 1992-93 Stadium Club Beam Team BGS 9

Just a classic iconic insert from the early 90's. I don't have the Shaq, but MJ will do

9- 2001-02 Upper Deck MJ's Back Dual Jersey BGS 9.5 (/50)

I love this card because it has Carolina Memorabilia. I feel like there's not a ton of college used MJ memorabilia cards out there

8-1997-98 Skybox Premium Compeitive Advantage BGS 9.5

There are sooooo many awesome looking MJ inserts out there. I love die cuts and this is definitely one of my favorite insert sets of the 90's

7-2001-02 Upper Deck Game Jersey Patch

It's a patch from a game used Bulls jersey. I think that sums up why it's on the list lol

6- 1993-94 Ultra Scoring Kings BGS 8.5

How can this not be on the list?

5- 1995-96 Flair Hot Numbers BGS 9.5

Another great popular insert from the 90's

4-1997-98 Skybox Metal Universe Titanium

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SET. It's my favorite MJ 90's insert set of my collection

3-2006-07 Upper Deck Reflections Mirror Images Dual Patch with Lebron James (/50)

The back has a Lebron patch but it's honestly not worth showing as it's just a solid white patch, but this is my favorite Jordan mem card for one reason. It has a patch from his 1996 All Star Game Jersey.

2-2002-03 Topps Chrome Black Refractor PSA 9 (/99)

It might be sacrilege to have Wizards cards as my favorites, but I can't not have this beautiful Black Refractor on my list. I absolutely love it and also Jordan really doesn't have a ton of numbered color Chrome parallels.

1-2002 Topps Pristine Gold Refractors BGS 9.5 (/50)

It was hard choice between this and the Chrome Black Refractor as Chrome is the more prominent brand of the two but this is just simply too gorgeous to not have as the #1 card on my list. I LOVE Gold Refractors and that's what puts this over the top
green_stiller
HB Member

Post by green_stiller »

mindcycle wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:56 pm Wow green_stiller, sooo many awesome Odmon cards!

That Exquisite auto/patch is crazy, the patch on the NT Lakers card of the Larry O'Brien trophy is insane as well. 👏👏
I"d love to peel that sticker one day if I could guarantee he'd sign it on card...
AbraCalabro wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:35 pm Great Exquisites dude, some some juicy patches in there. I completely forgot that Odom was originally with the Clippers, so it's cool to see the Clippers stuff, the Autographics looks great. I had no idea he was ever on the Miami Heat though lol, but reading the back of that card it was cool to see where the patches came from, which you also mentioned in your commentary. I wish Panini would do that with their patch stuff, but I guess I can understand that with a lot of the patches for long retired players, that may not be feasible, due to lack of records.

That printing plate is SICK, you actually get to see a pic of the finished card on the back, I have to agree, that's how it's done correctly.
Thank you! Odom got a few good years of patches, I have a nice Flawless Clippers Patch that chunky. I haven't grabbed anything crazy from his Miami days outside the one patch and the typical gold refractors. Probably some stuff from 99-00 that should have made my list in the end.
Depitydog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:48 pm
I should probly tell ya this on instagram from time to time but you've got one of my favorite collections to view.

If it werent for the Lakers Jersey... the Gold Label Reds are WAYYYYYYY prettier than the Finest gold
Thank you! Always enjoy yours as well. A Class 3 gold label red that's on ebay right now would indeed top the list :). Have a bunch of different Odom gold refractors and the Finest just looks so good.
PC - Lamar Odom
green_stiller
HB Member

Post by green_stiller »

ChrisP57 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:39 pm Alright...here's my Top 10 MJ's

It was hard choice between this and the Chrome Black Refractor as Chrome is the more prominent brand of the two but this is just simply too gorgeous to not have as the #1 card on my list. I LOVE Gold Refractors and that's what puts this over the top

Those Pristine golds are up there for my favorite Golds. Good run!
PC - Lamar Odom
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

so i plan on doing an insta top 100 countdown soon... so hopefully this doesnt ruin my momentum there :D

Abra has already seen it anyway as he's one of like 2 followers i have on Flickr

(10.) Pete Maravich signed Business Card. This was the final auto i needed to complete my NBA@50 auto chase.
Something i started with my father in 96-97 and i promised i'd finish when he passed away. Getting this one was
tragically hilarious for the seller because he kept ending the auction early and re-listing with just a bit more added to
pad his numbers... it backfired as it pushed a lot of the interest away but i kept on it and the 3rd or 4th time listed
i finally won out for much less than he initially wanted. According to the back of the card, this was signed for a
lawyer from Colorado on an airplane prior to 1982.

(9.) I know this year of Exquisite Rookies is looked down upon but the rainbows are actually rather beautiful. I have
7 of the 9 Brewer's Including this Jersey Numbered and it's likely as far as I'll get. with all the Exquisite collectors out
there, i'm honestly shocked i got 7.

(8.) This is the most terrifying card in my collection as i cant help but feel the acetate lends itself to fading on the autos...
no matter i dont keep my cards out in the open, dont have it displayed on a shelf somewhere... i'm still sure in like
10 years, the autos will simply be gone... paranoia is real folks! I get it... Howard drops the card... but all three High school
kids draft who all 3 won a ring with the Lakers. this card to me is historic and i'll fight anybody who feels Dwight didnt at
least deserve to be in the conversation for top (76) that came out recently... he was straight up elite during his time with
the Magic... and that was with all 3 of his post moves... On card bold blue autos make it oh so much better.

(7.) Quite likely the rarest card i own... the Jambalaya XL's are often mislabled and unknown. Card odds... not player odds
for this set are 1:2160 packs and the difference between the "normal" Jambalaya and the XL is that Holofoil That pops. This has
been a dream card for the longest time since i was lucky enough to pull an Amare when the set was released. This honestly
should be ranked higher...

(6.) Another i didnt have faith i'd ever get to obtain... theres a lot of issues with this card as theres a ton of uncertainty, there
were the originals sold by UDA, aftermarket because oddly enough at some point in time Wilts fist certified auto wasnt something
people wanted and then a flood of forgeries because unsigned versions were produced. what youre always wanting to see is the
diamond hologram on the back... if it's a circle, sorry, you been duped. This one in particular was one of the hand numbered copies
sold directly by UDA and confirmed by UDA to be signed on August 9th, 1993. almost 31 years old. with the added 13 even more special!

(5.) a bit of a cheat as this spot is taken by the full 48 card Veteran/Rookie Cubic Auto set from 2017-18 Panini Revolution. All cards
numbered to 50, All on card with a killer checklist. One Vet from original checklist was never produced (Alonzo) and one rookie (Josh Jackson)
was added via Panini Points. I originally pulled the Aaron Gordon and fell in love.

(4.) This aint a booklet... this is the first complete print run i ever completed. I heard soooooo many people when this product was released
that i was wrong and 5 copies of each letter were made but they are wrong... 5 total produced. as UD Black was 100% redemption, it's likely
that several players from this set were destroyed as non-redeemed. obtained the first 3 copies on my own and a Chris Paul Collector named
Dylan attended National and just so happened to come across the 4th and 5th copies... whatta ya know they are the exact numbers i need to
complete the 5 and he practically gifted them to me. will always be thankful for that and this is the highlight of my BWERE collection!

(3.) Another cheat as this too is a full set. 2008-09 UD Black 50 Greatest Silver Autos including the Oscar Robertson that was never signed
or inserted into packs. 24 cards that make up half(ish) of my NBA@50 chase. By this time UD Black was no longer redemption only like the
Brewer Run listed above but if memory serves correct, their were 2 packs, 4 cards in each box... so still tough to pull from. The only world
this set wouldn't be my number one is where two cards exist that i instantly fell in love with the second they became public... those two are
next.

(2.) nobody knows these cards exist other than me and the people i've annoyed the hell out of by talking about it... (slight hyperbole) but
this is a 10 card set (i'm still in search of the Albert Belle) but the Griffey is far and away the demon of the set... Limited to 62. The only
insert in the entire 1998 SPx Finite Baseball set which was only inserted into series 2 packs. The Marble front with the superfocused player
photo and that giant Holofoil Medallion are incredible touches to a set that doesnt need anything other than the rarity that comes with the
set. I feel highly confident in saying this is one of the hardest 10 card sets to complete ever made.

(1.) there will simply never be a card made that could knock this off my number 1 spot. in 2000, as i chugged away at the Finals Jersey set
(plus 2 autos) from Topps Gold Label... Gorgeous set. it bothered me to no end that due to Kobe being a UD exclusive at this time, didnt
get a card commemorating his first NBA Title.... enter Upper Deck and their Employee Christmas present... jaw Dropped... everything about
this design is perfect. that trophy cutout... the colors... the framing... that photo... EVERY aspect of this card is perfect and it upon first sight
became my ultimate grail...yes, its numbered to 300 which is on the high side... but as it wasnt inserted into packs, it all depended on how
many of those employees was willing to part with their copy to know what was truly available. you tell me to narrow my collection down to
1 card... this is by multitudes the card.
Depitydog
HB Member

Post by Depitydog »

ChrisP57 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:39 pm

This is amazing... i'd guess it has to be one of Jordans Rarest Refractors, right?
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

8. 2002-03 Fleer Ultra "O!" - Poor mans logoman from a tag

5. 1999-00 Topps Finest Gold Refractor PSA 10 - not a grading snob, cracked a few on this list, but can't bring myself to crack this 10

4. 1999-00 Topps Gold Label Red Label Class 1 and 2

2. 2005-06 Topps Finest Gold Refractor - Not the rarest of cards /39, but probably the prettiest I own

1. 2021-22 Panini National Treasures Lasting Legacies Gold - Warm-up Larry O'Brien Patch
I am really digging this thread seeing all these unbelievable cards from PC's. I don't even know where to start here. That Hardwood Classics Odom patch is just sickkkk. The Topps Finest Gold Refractor rookie just pops and I think 1999-00 Topps Gold Label is one of the most beautiful sets ever. Just great stuff!
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

Depitydog wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:36 pm
ChrisP57 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:39 pm

This is amazing... i'd guess it has to be one of Jordans Rarest Refractors, right?
I believe so. I could be wrong, but I don't think MJ has Gold Refractors in Chrome? I know the Black Refractors in 2001-02 Chrome are numbered to 50 as well. Definitely some of the rarer refractors he has