Post all off-topic discussions here
Duncancollector
HB Member
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 22 times

Like Button

Post by Duncancollector »

Hi,

I like this forum and especially the show-off and mailday threads. But it is possible to add a like button below each post? That would make it easier to respond.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Aron
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Like Button

Post by FrankAZHP »

There is a "Thanks for Posts" extension that Mindcycle can likely install. There's also an option to change the language of it to "Like" instead of "Thanks". Solid suggestion, though it probably should have been posted in the "OFF-TOPIC" section instead of "THE HOBBY".

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... r_posts_2/
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Duncancollector wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:19 pm Hi,

I like this forum and especially the show-off and mailday threads. But it is possible to add a like button below each post? That would make it easier to respond.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Aron
Hey Aron, great suggestion. I will definitely look into ading like button. Sound like there is one out there per Frank so that could be a nice addition to the forum.

I did want to mention that if you are just wanting to comment on a single post you can use the "Reply with Quote" button (I think it's just called Quote on mobile) and that will copy the post into your reply. I didn't know if that was ultimately what you were looking to do or if you just wanted to see a like button like we have on IG, Facebook, etc.. Just lmk.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
Duncancollector
HB Member

mindcycle wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:44 am

Hey Aron, great suggestion. I will definitely look into ading like button. Sound like there is one out there per Frank so that could be a nice addition to the forum.

I did want to mention that if you are just wanting to comment on a single post you can use the "Reply with Quote" button (I think it's just called Quote on mobile) and that will copy the post into your reply. I didn't know if that was ultimately what you were looking to do or if you just wanted to see a like button like we have on IG, Facebook, etc.. Just lmk.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am looking for a like button like it is on Instagram or Facebook. This kind of a response to comment is the fastest way. A quote needs too much space in a thread if I only want to say I like your card.

Thanks so much for your time.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Sorry it took awhile but I finally got this setup. Thanks again for the suggestion!

viewtopic.php?p=3672#p3672
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
Duncancollector
HB Member

Thank you so much @mindcycle. Thanks so much for your work and your passion to do it. A+++++