Sending a card for autograph?

Basketball cards and sports talk
siuwongkee
HB Supporter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Sending a card for autograph?

Post by siuwongkee »

Is there a reason why we rarely see a 90s parallel got an autograph from the playres? Like I see many AI topps rookies card got autographed but rarely any parallel.

To me, other than using they usually thick pen for the autograph, I would love my cards have an autograph of the player on that. I am seriously thinking to crack my Ex-2001 AI Future for an autograph, but it was graded a BGS 8.5, I do not think I will ever send any card to BGS again. And an 8.5 is not a bad grade.

Just wonder what everybody thinks about this.
FB: siuwongkee
IG: siuwongkee
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: Sending a card for autograph?

Post by AbraCalabro »

I think autographing an insert card, or a parallel ruins the look of the card and I'm going to presume that it's the same opinion for many other people.

Inserts are meant to stand out on their own, they usually have dazzling designs or effects on them to draw attention. Same with parallels.

For autographs, I think the simpler the design of the card, the better the autograph looks. If I were going to get cards autographed it would be simple designs, Collector's Choice is fantastic, earlier Stadium Club, Topps and Upper Deck as well as the Upper Deck SP base cards. I also think the Upper Deck Collector's Choice mini cards are great for autographs. Just sharing some ideas for AI autos, but it's your collection, so you should do what you think is best, but it's always a good idea to have options and to think over a decision especially when you have a rare / highly coveted parallel card.
MattyMcFlyCards
HB Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by MattyMcFlyCards »

AbraCalabro wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:00 am For autographs, I think the simpler the design of the card, the better the autograph looks.
I agree with this 💯%.
PC: Signed base cards from 1999 Upper Deck Retro Basketball... Orlando Magic... NBA HOFers... & anything from awesome movies.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/187638567@N04/albums

Instagram: @MattyMcFlyCards & @The_Matt_Sanders
siuwongkee
HB Supporter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by siuwongkee »

AbraCalabro wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:00 am I think autographing an insert card, or a parallel ruins the look of the card and I'm going to presume that it's the same opinion for many other people.

Inserts are meant to stand out on their own, they usually have dazzling designs or effects on them to draw attention. Same with parallels.

For autographs, I think the simpler the design of the card, the better the autograph looks. If I were going to get cards autographed it would be simple designs, Collector's Choice is fantastic, earlier Stadium Club, Topps and Upper Deck as well as the Upper Deck SP base cards. I also think the Upper Deck Collector's Choice mini cards are great for autographs. Just sharing some ideas for AI autos, but it's your collection, so you should do what you think is best, but it's always a good idea to have options and to think over a decision especially when you have a rare / highly coveted parallel card.
It is an EXCEPTIONAL insight. I think EX-2001 Future is ok to have an autograph on. But it all depends on what the colour and the size of the auto. I do not own alot of cards of Ai, just 7 cards, and I suppose Penny, Duncan and Ray allen are not doing those events. Another probable option is the 1999 UD Jersey card.

I might ask my friend later to do some photoshop of the cards and see which might look best. Really thank you for the insight. It does give me a lot to think of.
FB: siuwongkee
IG: siuwongkee