A Rolling Mailday Thread (Non-Sport)

Garbage Pail Kids, Disney, Movies, TV, & all other non-sports cards and hobby talk
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

A Rolling Mailday Thread (Non-Sport)

Post by FrankAZHP »

Post your recent non-sport mailday pickups here!

Just got this recently at a local card show:

I don't care about grades, just like the card and the slab/case.
It's only my 2nd graded card of a musician (other being Amy Winehouse). Considering I also collect vinyl & CDs it will be cool to pair these cards with a shot of their albums at some point. And I totally want to pick up more music cards in the future.

Last edited by FrankAZHP on Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ€ ๐Ÿคผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๏ธ *Comics ๐Ÿ’€ *Games ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ฑ๏ธ*Music ๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ’ฟ *Movies ๐Ÿ“ผ ๐Ÿ’ฟ
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
frugal
HB Member

Re: A Rolling Mailday Thread (Non-Sport)

Post by frugal »

This cool and now I think I need to add a Snoop card to my collection.

I recently picked up some of those early 90 MTV ProSet cards of MF DOOM in KMD. Pretty funny set, especially to see a very young Kid Rock.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Picked up a couple GPK Topps Chrome Golds. These are /50. Nice to see these get down in the $20 range again.

Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
Lamplighter42
HB Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lamplighter42 »

Here's my best pickups from the show today - first, a gloriously miscut 1966 Topps Batman Black Bat #3 The Bat Signal
Image Image

Then, not one, but TWO copies of 1969 Topps Man on the Moon #54B Moon Commander! - Neil Armstrong's rookie! For two bucks each!
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

Lamplighter42 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:43 pmNeil Armstrong's rookie! For two bucks each!
That's a fire pickup! I'd buy that for two dollars!
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ€ ๐Ÿคผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๏ธ *Comics ๐Ÿ’€ *Games ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ฑ๏ธ*Music ๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ’ฟ *Movies ๐Ÿ“ผ ๐Ÿ’ฟ
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

I've been picking up graded 1st and 2nd series GPK lately. I actually started buying these back in 2018 or 2019 I think it was then took a break. The market is absolutely flooded with them now so I go after stuff if I can get it for cheap.

No real criteria for the grade or anything, just that they are decently centered. Sooo many of these cards were cut like absolute sh*t back in the day lol.

Some of these definitely wouldn't fly in todays overly sensitive society (like the last one here lol). But that's why growing up in the 80's was the best. :)

mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

I've been going after vintage non-sports lately now that i've been effectively priced out of 90's basketball stuff. Kind of nice tbh because there are a lot of great cards out there that can be had for cheap"ish" still.

The two below are from the Duke Sons and Co "Great Americans" set. They came in cigarette packs during the late 1880's

Late 1890's cards that came from Stollwerck Chocolate packs

These were pretty decent sized cards compared to the normal tobacco cards of the time. Shown here vs a more normal sized tobacco card.

Last up is this Albert Einstein card from 1928 which I thought was pretty awesome.
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

Added more Non-Sport packs to my unopened pack collection.

1991 Premier Rap Pack

Includes some of my favorite 80s & 90s hip hop artists such as Gang Starr, Easy-E, Ice Cube, Ice T, Kool G Rap, Naughty by Nature, NWA, Salt-n-Pepa, & Too Short.

1991 Pro Set Yo! MTV Raps (Series 1 - only cards 1-100)
Includes more of my favorite 80s & 90s hip hop artists such as Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, Boogie Down Productions, Eric B & Rakim, KRS-One, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Run DMC, & Slick Rick.
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

Nice Frank! Didn't even know they made Yo! Mtv Raps cards lol
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

mindcycle wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:38 am Nice Frank! Didn't even know they made Yo! Mtv Raps cards lol
Yeah there's 1 set, but the 1st pack style only has cards 1-100 and the 2nd pack style has cards 1-150.

Lots of rap rookie cards in these. Even MF Doom has a card with his 90s group in the last 50 cards.

I like the Rap Pack design and selection better, but both sets are cool.

I encourage you to go check out the checklist and gallery for these sets on TDDB. Very cool stuff.