Unable to find my card on any set checklist

Basketball cards and sports talk
ZSCollects
HB Member
Has liked: 1 time

Unable to find my card on any set checklist

Post by ZSCollects »

Hi! I have a habit of logging my collection into TCDB in order to keep track of sets, autos, etc.

I have an 07-08 Fleer Ultra Eddy Curry Autographics (Blue Ink), and when trying to log it... nothing in the checklist. I checked the other Red / Black ink checklists thinking there may have been a mistake... still nothing. Knowing a lot of lisences were lost around this time I wondered if it were part of any later release and checked all of his 08-09 and 09-10 cards..... and still, nothing.

I got this card for $4 on ComC so I highly doubt it's fake, but I find it so strange that it wasn't in any of the sets. Can anybody shed some light on this one for me?
Main PC: NYGiants (Team Sets, Game Used, Autos & SPs)
Side PC: NYRangers, NYKnicks, HOF Players (RC/GU/Autos), Yankees GU Pinstripes
I love building full sets, Insert Sets, Complete Sets, TCG, Cigarette Cards & more!
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Unable to find my card on any set checklist

Post by SacKingsCards »

Sorry that I can't contribute to your search, but good luck finding the info you seek!
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

I doubt the card is fake, but do you have any pics you can share? Your mention of the license being lost around 2010 probably has a lot to do with it. If you go back to the earlier Fleer bankruptcy sale circa 2005 there were a lot of cards that slipped out into the wild, so I'd imagine the loss of the license five years later produced similar results, if not for any other reason, then Upper Deck probably stopped giving a crap. I remember reading UD basically liquidating their patch stock in Exquisite and other products with the license shift impending.
ZSCollects
HB Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ZSCollects »

AbraCalabro wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:46 am I doubt the card is fake, but do you have any pics you can share? Your mention of the license being lost around 2010 probably has a lot to do with it. If you go back to the earlier Fleer bankruptcy sale circa 2005 there were a lot of cards that slipped out into the wild, so I'd imagine the loss of the license five years later produced similar results, if not for any other reason, then Upper Deck probably stopped giving a crap. I remember reading UD basically liquidating their patch stock in Exquisite and other products with the license shift impending.
Honestly I tried getting some pictures on here and couldn't work it out - could send on insta or something if anything but it's basically identical to the other cards in the set. Ultimately not very worried about it but was curious if someone had some info regarding this. My OCD likes to log all my cards so it bothered me for a little but I'm just happy to fill the on card auto in a knicks jersey for my Knicks PC.
Main PC: NYGiants (Team Sets, Game Used, Autos & SPs)
Side PC: NYRangers, NYKnicks, HOF Players (RC/GU/Autos), Yankees GU Pinstripes
I love building full sets, Insert Sets, Complete Sets, TCG, Cigarette Cards & more!
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

There are a few guys I know that might have some information, but I'm not on IG. You can upload photos on here directly if you're comfortable with that. Again, I highly doubt it's fake, but I get the OCD element, it's a curse and a blessing lol. Most likely they were looking to liquidate their stock through releases and threw in everything they could. Some autographics cards just got thrown in to various products across their releases in those end years, I'd bet that's what we're dealing with here.