Is Taylor Swift an opportunity to 10x the hobby?

Football cards and sports talk
workingclasscards
HB Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Is Taylor Swift an opportunity to 10x the hobby?

Post by workingclasscards »

Looking at all the hysteria with Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, this is the perfect opportunity to attract females into the hobby.
Panini needs to drop a HUGE bag to put Taylor Swift tickets or autos (Fans of the Game insert) as case hits into the next Prizm or DonRuss release.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to attract a more diverse collector base.
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Is Taylor Swift an opportunity to 10x the hobby?

Post by FrankAZHP »

Besides the possible interest of getting their hands on the Swift cards that could be released, I really doubt Swifties would be any long term participant in the hobby. It's just the flavor of the week right now.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: Is Taylor Swift an opportunity to 10x the hobby?

Post by mindcycle »

While I do generally agree that the whole Taylor Swift thing is more or less the flavor of the week right now, there may an opportunity there for sure. I had a female coworker tell me she was watching football with her husband mainly to see if they showed Taylor, but she also learned a bit about football in the process.

A Swift auto in an upcoming product could be a decent avenue for newbies to not only learn more about the sport, but to get a taste of collecting as well. Couldn’t hurt if someone could make it happen. All it would take is a photo of her sitting in the stands and a sticker auto. Could pump it out quick lol.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards