Any GPK collectors out there?

Garbage Pail Kids, Disney, Movies, TV, & all other non-sports cards and hobby talk
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Any GPK collectors out there?

Post by mindcycle »

Here's a video I made back in 2020 going over my collection. Hoping to make an updated video soon.

Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
SHowley2003
HB Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Any GPK collectors out there?

Post by SHowley2003 »

Responding to the thread title here. The answer seems to be “apparently not”. I hope to get those collectors on board though. I’d love to see a solid discussion of these products. It would be so damn interesting.
@SHowley2003
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

SHowley2003 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:59 pm Responding to the thread title here. The answer seems to be “apparently not”. I hope to get those collectors on board though. I’d love to see a solid discussion of these products. It would be so damn interesting.
Yeah I was gonna say.. I don't think we have any GPK collectors here. :D

Hopefully in time though.
tastycardsandwich
HB Member

Post by tastycardsandwich »

I don't so much collect them, but I do still have mine and my sister's combined childhood collection in a binder that I like flipping through from time to time.

I have bought a handful (5 at most) of boxes of Chrome over the years. But I just prefer enjoying the childhood collection vs chasing additions.

Also. I think the chrome refractors are overpriced.
I am a tasty boy. A tasty tasty tasty boy. Nom nom nom. TASTY! @tastycardsandwich on instagram.
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

tastycardsandwich wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:50 am I don't so much collect them, but I do still have mine and my sister's combined childhood collection in a binder that I like flipping through from time to time.

I have bought a handful (5 at most) of boxes of Chrome over the years. But I just prefer enjoying the childhood collection vs chasing additions.

Also. I think the chrome refractors are overpriced.
Yeah some of the individual Chrome refactors can get a bit pricey, I agree. I have seen them drop in the past 6 months to a year though. I think overall Chrome box prices (at least during initial release) are decently priced. Certainly nothing like sports cards. GPK Chrome has been pretty much the only hobby product i've picked up in like the past 3 years now.
jgp3-cards
HB Member

Post by jgp3-cards »

I love those early GPK cards! I remember buying them as a kid and have bought a few of those first ones over the years! I did like what some of the Topps 2020 artist did with combining some of the elements of GPK with todays stars!
PC: UNC Tar Heels, Dominique Wilkins, Darth Vader
Instagram: jgp3_cards
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

jgp3-cards wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:27 am I love those early GPK cards! I remember buying them as a kid and have bought a few of those first ones over the years! I did like what some of the Topps 2020 artist did with combining some of the elements of GPK with todays stars!
Yeah the Topps artist cards were awesome! I ended up grabbing this one from Project70.

frugal
HB Member

Post by frugal »

Have a small side PC of GPK (or "The Garbage Gang" as they were called in my neck of the woods).

Tried to recreate my childhood collection, but cards like Nasty Nick or Adam Bomb are a bit expensive. So, I bought a few boxes of the recent Chrome and Paper releases which were a lot of fun e.g. chasing the "c" cards.

Would also like to get that Michael Jordan "Mad Michael" GPK one day...