Collect All of A Certain Wrestler or Certain Persona?

Wrestling, MMA, boxing cards and sports talk
jgp3-cards
HB Member

Collect All of A Certain Wrestler or Certain Persona?

Post by jgp3-cards »

Big fan of Roman Reigns, especially during the Bloodline era, and I really like his cards during this era! I would like to get his earlier stuff but just don't care for the vested look he had during that time! Does anyone else have this struggle with the wrestlers they collect?
PC: UNC Tar Heels, Dominique Wilkins, Darth Vader
Instagram: jgp3_cards
contrarian_cards
HB Member

Re: Collect All of A Certain Wrestler or Certain Persona?

Post by contrarian_cards »

I think the gimmick of a given wrestler on a given card is a pretty big deal, most of the time it is pretty consistent over the course of their career but like with Roman specifically yeah I am with you I have never been super attracted to the vest...mainly because I was a lapsed fan during the Shield run and dont connect with that gimmick the way I do w the Tribal Chief and the Bloodline angle. I just picked up a Cameron Grimes today and his gimmick is slightly different on the card I bought relative to whatever his gimmick is supposed to be now but he is just a guy that I think has good charisma and seems to be someone who could get over eventually...therefore I dont mind picking up his NXT Top Hat gimmick or whatever that angle was....so I guess it just depends on the situation for me.
jgp3-cards
HB Member

Post by jgp3-cards »

I have the same issue with Sting too! I think in the minority on this one but I never was a fan of the "Crow" look and I have always loved the blonde hair bright colored Sting! In Sting's case all of his earliest cards are of his blonde hair/ bright color look but with Roman all of his earliest stuff is mostly his "Shield" look! I guess the same would apply with a star player who switches teams during his career! Most Jordan collectors probably care less about his Wizards cards!
PC: UNC Tar Heels, Dominique Wilkins, Darth Vader
Instagram: jgp3_cards
BstCardsncutz
HB Member

Post by BstCardsncutz »

I Main Jey Uso and don’t mind collecting his early cards where he has the face paint but do prefer the bloodline cards!
Main PC are Rashard Lewis and Jey Uso
After that it’s AI-Shaq-Arian Foster
Knightrunnermatt
HB Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Knightrunnermatt »

I might be in the minority here. I do not discriminate when it comes to any of Mick Foley's characters. I love the Dude as much as I love Mankind. If it's a cool Foley card, I'm going to try and figure out how to get it into my PC.
JRLCards
HB Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JRLCards »

Knightrunnermatt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:49 pm I might be in the minority here. I do not discriminate when it comes to any of Mick Foley's characters. I love the Dude as much as I love Mankind. If it's a cool Foley card, I'm going to try and figure out how to get it into my PC.
That’s exactly how I am with Nash. Most of the sets will have him as both Diesel and Kevin Nash depending on the specific subset / insert. If either is there I’m looking for it!
Lakesidecollectibles
HB Member

Post by Lakesidecollectibles »

John Cena is by far the kids' favorite.
But they also like the Rock, Roman, Charlotte, Bianca, and Becky.
Me personally, have always been a HUGE fan of Paul Heyman.