2024 National Sports Card Convention (Cleveland, OH)

Post links, promote, or discuss upcoming or past shows. Connect with show attendees.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

2024 National Sports Card Convention (Cleveland, OH)

Post by mindcycle »

Anyone going? I won't be there myself but figured i'd create a thread so those of you who are can post pickups and stories.

https://www.nsccshow.com/
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
dengbang
HB Supporter
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: 2024 National Sports Card Convention (Cleveland, OH)

Post by dengbang »

I will be there Thursday - Saturday looking for needles in a haystack as usual.
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

So.. were the bathroom lines as bad a people said? :lol:

dengbang
HB Supporter
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by dengbang »

mindcycle wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:11 pm So.. were the bathroom lines as bad a people said? :lol:
I did see lines but the few times that I went, it wasn't so bad. The line getting into the parking lot was much worse imo...but again if you're the type to find a solution, it wasn't so bad. There was a bathroom that was somehwat hidden that had no line, there was an path behind the center that led to the parking lot as well. It is what you make of it.

I must say though, those row of chairs against the wall on the east side of the convention was a game changer. Being able to take a seat and recharge made all the difference.

As long as you plan ahead and have a list of things you want to do, it's not so bad.

Just remember... don't rely on the reception inside the convention.
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

dengbang wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:07 pm
mindcycle wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:11 pm So.. were the bathroom lines as bad a people said? :lol:
I did see lines but the few times that I went, it wasn't so bad. The line getting into the parking lot was much worse imo...but again if you're the type to find a solution, it wasn't so bad. There was a bathroom that was somehwat hidden that had no line, there was an path behind the center that led to the parking lot as well. It is what you make of it.

I must say though, those row of chairs against the wall on the east side of the convention was a game changer. Being able to take a seat and recharge made all the difference.

As long as you plan ahead and have a list of things you want to do, it's not so bad.

Just remember... don't rely on the reception inside the convention.
Yeah I figured a lot of it was overreactions. When you’re in a space with that many people you just need to recognize that not every convenience is going to be easily accessible.

I’m hoping to make it out to one at some point. If just to meet some people I’ve only ever talked to online. Just hard to justify the travel and hotel cost tbh, and we usually do a family vacation around the same time they hold the National. One of these years..