Back Doored Autographics / Century Marks

Basketball cards and sports talk
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Back Doored Autographics / Century Marks

Post by AbraCalabro »

Backdoored Kemp Autographics Century Marks, no stamp, real auto, forged numbering. I've seen some others as well in other sports. So if you're thinking of picking one of these up for Basketball or another sport, look at the card carefully.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225974998005
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 09-00-54 1999-00 Skybox Autographics #_50 Century Marks SHAWN KEMP Auto Rare Purple SSP eBay.png
Here's another one, PSA doesn't even know how to label these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325803948909

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235418636588
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 09-05-08 1999-00 Skybox Autographics Shawn Kemp Auto Autograph Cavs Sonics PSA 10 Auto eBay.png
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 09-05-21 1999 Skybox Premium Century Marks Red Foil Missing Serial Number Shawn Kemp Auto eBay.png
dengbang
HB Supporter
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: back doored Autographics / Century Marks

Post by dengbang »

These have always been a bit tricky because there are also rack pack versions as well. Some were unnumbered while others were hand #'ed to 15 or 20.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Thanks for the heads up Abra. I was recently offered a James Posey that was #'d out of 10. Seemed odd to me as i've only owned the /50 versions of these. It did have the stamp though. Guy said it was retail?
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
dengbang
HB Supporter

Post by dengbang »

mindcycle wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:53 pm Thanks for the heads up Abra. I was recently offered a James Posey that was #'d out of 10. Seemed odd to me as i've only owned the /50 versions of these. It did have the stamp though. Guy said it was retail?
I believe retail are the rack packs.
AbraCalabro
HB Member

Post by AbraCalabro »

Hey guys. I'm unsure about the retail / rack packs situation. I've only been aware of the /50s for the Century Marks myself. Also, I don't know if all the players represented in the set were also available in the retail / rackpacks. Was it all, or just some? The thing with these Kemps is that they're unstamped.
kingofsnake
HB Member
Been liked: 27 times

Post by kingofsnake »

I believe there was a 1999-00 Autographics Purple Foil version (hand-numbered to 20 and stamped) inserted into some retail repack product in the early 2000s. Here's an example off eBay:

Regarding those Kemp cards, I wouldn't buy any Autographics without the stamp - even though the stamp is fairly easy to reproduce. I would also avoid any Autographics cards in perfect condition, as I think there are many fakes in the market.
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Re: Back Doored Autographics / Century Marks

Post by mindcycle »

I just created a video about these backdoor autographics cards.

AbraCalabro
HB Member

Post by AbraCalabro »

Loved that video lol - also loved the episode you did with our very own resident Topps guy. Great input from everyone!

Also I'm very pleased that my avatar was visible in the video with the cross mark going through the faux Censorship Forums logo. 8-)
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

AbraCalabro wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:54 pm Loved that video lol - also loved the episode you did with our very own resident Topps guy. Great input from everyone!

Also I'm very pleased that my avatar was visible in the video with the cross mark going through the faux Censorship Forums logo. 8-)
Haha, yeah I even enlarged the window a bit to make sure that was pretty clear in the video. :lol:

Thanks for checking out both videos man. I think i'm going to be on the next Inside the Hobby episode as well. It's always fun chatting with knowledgeable collectors.
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

AbraCalabro wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:54 pmAlso I'm very pleased that my avatar was visible in the video with the cross mark going through the faux Censorship Forums logo. 8-)
Some fresh BO employee entertainment going on right now as a matter of fact. BO was selling one of those fake Ovation Kobe autos (the ones that are so prevalent that the fakes outnumber the legit copies), and they're starting to get a bit defensive about it.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1582618
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

darz90scardz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:57 pm
AbraCalabro wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:54 pmAlso I'm very pleased that my avatar was visible in the video with the cross mark going through the faux Censorship Forums logo. 8-)
Some fresh BO employee entertainment going on right now as a matter of fact. BO was selling one of those fake Ovation Kobe autos (the ones that are so prevalent that the fakes outnumber the legit copies), and they're starting to get a bit defensive about it.
Haha, love it. When they start suspending those guys for talking sh*t about BO someone can nudge them to do the right thing and come over here. :lol:
darz90scardz
HB Supporter

Post by darz90scardz »

mindcycle wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:47 pm
Haha, love it. When they start suspending those guys for talking sh*t about BO someone can nudge them to do the right thing and come over here. :lol:
It's getting spicy.

Buffi/BO now asking for 312 to apologize. lmao
@darz90scardz on IG
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

darz90scardz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:49 pm
mindcycle wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:47 pm

It's getting spicy.

Buffi/BO now asking for 312 to apologize. lmao
auburn35
HB Member
Been liked: 7 times

Post by auburn35 »

Nice to see the listing pulled and reaching out to psa is in the works. Some of the complaints towards blowout weren't necessary but I think it's funny that the Blowout employee is getting upset.

I had discussed this in at least one of the now deleted threads (best for the hobby😂), but always like to jump back to this thread, whenever I see blowout get defensive.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1404555
BO has no problem deleting threads or banning members, without providing any reason/clarity, but were scrambling to find the same knowledge, when psa banned their account.
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

auburn35 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:48 pm Nice to see the listing pulled and reaching out to psa is in the works. Some of the complaints towards blowout weren't necessary but I think it's funny that the Blowout employee is getting upset.

I had discussed this in at least one of the now deleted threads (best for the hobby😂), but always like to jump back to this thread, whenever I see blowout get defensive.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1404555
BO has no problem deleting threads or banning members, without providing any reason/clarity, but were scrambling to find the same knowledge, when psa banned their account.
Lol yep. They’ll delete or censor threads with valid criticism on a whim, ban members who dare speak up about hobby grifters, but when they’re called out the tone suddenly changes.. “Best for the hobby”. That’s rich. 😂

The hypocrisy is strong over there.
AbraCalabro
HB Member

Post by AbraCalabro »

LMAO at that thread.

BO sucks at this point to be honest, it's still a somewhat active forum, but it's slowing down. Threads are aging quicker over there from what I've seen recently. Won't be surprised if it gets to the point that BO is just censoring everything because of sponsorships / partnerships / affiliates and at that point the site is completely worthless.

This forum is already better because A, we don't deal with business interests making the rules and B, iluvfish2 isn't a mod here.
dengbang
HB Supporter

Post by dengbang »

20240315_193438.jpg
Alright, I need your help on this one. Its been a long time since I've bought one. Everything seems to check out including the numbering style but I wanted the HB opinion.
Attachments
20240315_193418.jpg
darz90scardz
HB Supporter

Post by darz90scardz »

AbraCalabro wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:21 pm LMAO at that thread.

BO sucks at this point to be honest, it's still a somewhat active forum, but it's slowing down. Threads are aging quicker over there from what I've seen recently. Won't be surprised if it gets to the point that BO is just censoring everything because of sponsorships / partnerships / affiliates and at that point the site is completely worthless.

This forum is already better because A, we don't deal with business interests making the rules and B, iluvfish2 isn't a mod here.
We need to get ninjacookies over here.

Still the funniest dude I’ve ever come across in the hobby.
@darz90scardz on IG
AbraCalabro
HB Member

Post by AbraCalabro »

darz90scardz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:17 pm
AbraCalabro wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:21 pm LMAO at that thread.

We need to get ninjacookies over here.

Still the funniest dude I’ve ever come across in the hobby.
He's a cool dude. We should also get GOATcards here so I can copy his avatar lmao, I remember doing that every time he changed it and it was confusing people, think I ripped you off when I started that, I don't remember.

Ninja used a picture of Fat Kemp as his avatar in the past though, so he needs to pay me reparations for damages to my well being before being allowed here, I will accept any high value sports picture card that hasn't been skeeted on. Thanks. Stay blessed Fam.

P.S. absolutely no OKC Blunder cards and absolutely no Jim McIlvane cards.
darz90scardz
HB Supporter

Post by darz90scardz »

Man, I've always loved the look of the 97-98 Century Marks aka Autographics Raves. Looking through the lot is just reinforcing how much I still want one.
Hopefully the Hill one day, always loved the look of that one with the teal away jersey.

AbraCalabro wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:36 pmHe's a cool dude. We should also get GOATcards here so I can copy his avatar lmao, I remember doing that every time he changed it and it was confusing people, think I ripped you off when I started that, I don't remember.
Rofl, no you're right, I still remember that.
@darz90scardz on IG
AbraCalabro
HB Member

Post by AbraCalabro »

darz90scardz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm Man, I've always loved the look of the 97-98 Century Marks aka Autographics Raves. Looking through the lot is just reinforcing how much I still want one.
Hopefully the Hill one day, always loved the look of that one with the teal away jersey.

AbraCalabro wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:36 pmHe's a cool dude. We should also get GOATcards here so I can copy his avatar lmao, I remember doing that every time he changed it and it was confusing people, think I ripped you off when I started that, I don't remember.
Rofl, no you're right, I still remember that.
good times.

also

PSA

NEVER GET CHEATED

lmao

Imagine just getting into sports cards and buying this thinking it's anything other than an unnumbered back door card. Maybe even the seller doesn't know.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/326203217118