Allow myself to introduce...myself

General hobby related news and discussion
@cp
HB Member
Been liked: 11 times

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Post by @cp »

Hello folks,

I'm generally not one to put myself out there in the online world because quite frankly, I am quite reserved and hesitant about the potential crap that exists on the internet. I've lurked around other message boards in the past, but have never signed up for them due to all the bs and garbage that gets spewed out. Although I’ve wanted to create an account to start healthy discussions about cards for a while now, the last couple of years have really put me off ever creating one. To give you an idea of the last time I took part in an online forum board, was when Hobby Kings (aka HK) was a thing.

I then happen to see The Hobby Boards. What excitement! A new board that will hopefully focus on card talk and healthy discussion. A place where we don’t have to worry about being sued or banned or dealt with individuals talking in bs. I’m hoping this could be like the old days of HK, where it was more about the talking of cards. Before I go on, I’ll give some details about myself.

Been collecting cards since the early nineties. My involvement has been up and down through the years so I’ve read and experienced a lot of stuff. I’m glad that I’m still involved in some shape or form. First started with Baseball, then Hockey, and eventually settled on Basketball. So most of my posts will be in the Basketball threads. Collect mainly MJ, but have smaller pcs of other players. My main PC collection has been complete for over 10 years now. At this point, I mostly am an observer of the hobby, but I still buy here and there.

Perhaps we can have an AMA discussion on my thoughts on the hobby. Not sure what else to say right now, except for the fact that I want to talk more about cards! I hope I enjoy my time here.

Regards,
@cp
Deadshot
HB Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Allow myself to introduce...myself

Post by Deadshot »

Welcome! I will see you around the basketball boards!
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Welcome aboard! I’m glad you waited it out and chose HB 😄

I totally get being cautious. I’m all about anonymity myself, and while I do have an IG and YouTube I don’t go by my full name or put out any videos of myself. Working in the IT and internet security world for 25 years will do that to you I suppose, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I really do want to make this place all about collecting as well as an outlet to discuss relevant Hobby topics without the fear of corporate sponsors and/or connected players shutting down opinions. There’s a lot of that happening nowadays with the amount of money being thrown around but people still need a place to discuss things openly.

See ya around!
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
kingofsnake
HB Member
Been liked: 27 times

Post by kingofsnake »

Welcome to the website, cp. Look forward to having conversations about cards with you.

Do you have a website for your collection? If so, please let us know.
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

Welcome! I truly hope that these boards continue to grow into a place more and more collectors come to discuss the hobby. I dont think any other medium quite matches that of a message board for hobby discussion and there just isn't a good one out there anymore to talk about actual cards. I too mainly collect basketball, though I dabble a bit in baseball too. For better or for worse :lol:
@cp
HB Member
Been liked: 11 times

Post by @cp »

I posted this way back in August, when my peak busy season for work was in full effect and it finally slowed down in October. Then November I do other stuff with life and now it's almost December, I finally get to log in again and read the posts.

So thank you all for the warm welcome.

@Deadshot
Hope to see you around too. I enjoy your podcast and contribution to this hobby. Much respects go to the effort you put into it.

@mindcycle
I really do hope we can speak more freely here without bs and censorship. I think speaking openly with a critical eye in this hobby will really improve it. Gotta take the bad with the good.

@kingofsnake
Let's talk shop! Here is my main PC for MJ base is in my signature. It's basically a collage of pictures. No HTML or website design, but it serves its purpose.

@SackingsCards
I agree with your message board point. If a thread gets popular, you can see how the conversation evolves organically due to its date entry. We don't have top comments getting voted and unpopular comments being pushed down. If you want to read all of it, you can see the progression of the discussion occurring.

I'll try to be around more to answer some posts. See ya soon.