Cleveland Team Sets

Baseball cards and sports talk
Lakesidecollectibles
HB Member

Cleveland Team Sets

Post by Lakesidecollectibles »

Good afternoon, friends,
I just started collecting with my kids...we live in Cleveland and are a baseball family.
After listening to Showley, Ryan and Kyle talk about putting binders together, we are building team sets from Topps Flagship for our Cleveland Guardians/Indians teams. The hope is to work back into the 50s from when my father was a kid.

We started our 2020s binder, and these are the cards we still need. The hope is to find some trade partners to help complete these sets.

2020: https://www.tcdb.com/List.cfm/lid/12323 ... am-Set?C=0
2021: https://www.tcdb.com/List.cfm/lid/12322 ... am-Set?C=0
2022: https://www.tcdb.com/List.cfm/lid/12321 ... am-Set?C=0

Let us know if you have any...we can get vouches from collectors if that helps.

Thanks!
Dan and kids
tastycardsandwich
HB Member

Re: Cleveland Team Sets

Post by tastycardsandwich »

Lots of those are SP variations. You should be able to get most if not all of them on COMC. I looked a couple up and they're all available on COMC for a couple bucks.

That would probably be the easiest and best option. Get them all in one easy transaction.
I am a tasty boy. A tasty tasty tasty boy. Nom nom nom. TASTY! @tastycardsandwich on instagram.
JRLCards
HB Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JRLCards »

tastycardsandwich wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:22 am Lots of those are SP variations. You should be able to get most if not all of them on COMC. I looked a couple up and they're all available on COMC for a couple bucks.

That would probably be the easiest and best option. Get them all in one easy transaction.
Just wanted to x2 this but also add in Sportlots. It is less intuitive than COMC but the deals on true base cards are almost always going to be better and SP variation will occasionally be. My 5 year old and I have been working on Heritage Minor league sets (including SP’s) and we normally hunt both COMC and Sportlots to find the best deals.
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

I did not realize this was a feature of tcdb, I like that you can make want lists on there. I hope you share some photos of your team sets and binder pages with us ;)
Lakesidecollectibles
HB Member

tastycardsandwich wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:22 am Lots of those are SP variations. You should be able to get most if not all of them on COMC. I looked a couple up and they're all available on COMC for a couple bucks.

Thank you, my friend. We grabbed a few on comc last night...we are getting closer and closer. We appreciate your help!
Lakesidecollectibles
HB Member

SacKingsCards wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:53 pm I did not realize this was a feature of tcdb, I like that you can make want lists on there. I hope you share some photos of your team sets and binder pages with us ;)
It really is nice because it helps us with visuals...with the variety of SPs we can pinpoint exactly what we are looking for.
We will definitely be sharing photos as we get closer.
Thanks for responding to our question!
Lakesidecollectibles
HB Member

JRLCards wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:10 pm

Just wanted to x2 this but also add in Sportlots. It is less intuitive than COMC but the deals on true base cards are almost always going to be better and SP variation will occasionally be. My 5 year old and I have been working on Heritage Minor league sets (including SP’s) and we normally hunt both COMC and Sportlots to find the best deals.
We looked a little on sportlots...but sometimes the sellers will not share pics. We will continue to use sportlots as we go further and further back. Thanks for the tip!
JRLCards
HB Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JRLCards »

Yeah agreed on the picture issue. Good luck!