Basketball cards and sports talk
kingofsnake
HB Member
Been liked: 27 times

Re: How did Precious Metal Gems PMG rise in popularity

Post by kingofsnake »

siuwongkee wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:23 pm
kingofsnake wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:57 pm
siuwongkee wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 pm Wait when you guys say HK. It does not mean Hong Kong !!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha
That's funny - I knew you meant Hong Kong, but also that people may misunderstand. I lived in Hong Kong for a period of time too.
So HK is a forum right?????
HK can be Hobby Kings, which was a forum.
dengbang
HB Supporter
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by dengbang »

siuwongkee wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:23 pm So HK is a forum right?????
Correct it stands for Hobby Kings. A forum more similar to this one than blowout.

I mistaken that you knew it meant Hobby Kings instead of Hong Kong, my apologies :lol:
benxcrunner1
HB Member

Post by benxcrunner1 »

MAMASCOOKINPC wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:49 pm I don’t remember a time they were not popular and expensive. Beckett wrote an article about how stupid the set was (base set) but that couldn’t be further from the public perception in NY. All the kids and teens loved it. The PMG’s were a myth to most and the low print run added to the allure. Remember pre-internet, if your friends or card shop doesn’t have it, it may not exist. There were rumors about a green one but “Peter from down the block is always lying so I don’t know if I could believe him.” That was pre-internet talks.

We were hyped over a little dumb red logo on the 96 Rubies. Imagine seeing a PMG glowing out of a pack.
Super interesting. Wish I was around for that but I was still in 1st grade trading pokemon
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

siuwongkee wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:23 pm
kingofsnake wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:57 pm
siuwongkee wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 pm Wait when you guys say HK. It does not mean Hong Kong !!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha
That's funny - I knew you meant Hong Kong, but also that people may misunderstand. I lived in Hong Kong for a period of time too.
So HK is a forum right?????
Yeah Hobby Kings.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards