darz90scardz wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:30 pm Just in

Beautiful!
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: A Rolling Mailday Thread

Post by FrankAZHP »

Picked up a few things at a card show yesterday.

Two graded HoFers for the PC:
Image Image

And I won't be keeping this, but I know you guys would probably appreciate it here. Paid $2 for it.
Image Image
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
Deadshot
HB Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by Deadshot »

Wow $2 for that Dennis Scott!
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

Deadshot wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:51 am Wow $2 for that Dennis Scott!
Yeah thanks I got pretty lucky for sure.
I've been to 22 shows in AZ this year so far and did walkthru & pickups videos for all of them. Considering I'm primarily just hunting thru the bargain bins I'm bound to find some rare stuff on occasion.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

Good timing for the NBA Draft tomorrow.

I recently bought $70 worth of OTE singles to do a "Versus" series video where I faced off a $70 unopened OTE Hobby box VS $70 in singles, to see who comes out on top (yeah we know 98% of the time singles will win).
I opened/recorded last night and edited it this morning.

I'll only post the best 2 cards of the singles haul below, but if you're curious to see what came out of the box or what the rest of the singles were the video is below.

Image Image

Entire vid:

Any opinions on the potential of the Thompson twins? Good prospecting purchases?
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

Thanks for sharing your video, it was fun to watch. No surprise that the singles won out, the only wax I'll rip is retail from the secondary market under MSRP for the purpose of personal PC pulls or building sets, and even then it comes with a ton of extra cards I don't necessarily want after. But there's just a different feeling pulling your own pc cards and building sets from personal rips.
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

SacKingsCards wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:51 am Thanks for sharing your video, it was fun to watch. No surprise that the singles won out, the only wax I'll rip is retail from the secondary market under MSRP for the purpose of personal PC pulls or building sets, and even then it comes with a ton of extra cards I don't necessarily want after. But there's just a different feeling pulling your own pc cards and building sets from personal rips.
You're welcome I'm glad you liked it thanks for viewing!

I hardly ever rip wax anymore as I learned my lesson on ROI cracking fresh wax in the 90s and 2000s, but I won't lie. I still enjoy it. I wouldn't dare rip Panini products nowadays (even Donruss Optic which I do as a Chrome replacement), since their ROI is so bad, but lately I've seen some great priced wax pop up.
Particularly the OTE hobby boxes (around $70) and the McDonalds All American hobby boxes (around $50). And at that price (especially with how expensive the hobby is nowadays), it's hard to pass them up.

I plan on doing many more episodes in the future (sitting on like 5 hobby boxes of McDonalds All American now, 3 lite Topps Chrome Tennis boxes, 1 Topps Chrome F1 hobby box, and some retail blasters of OTE & McDonalds), but it will almost always be with CHEAP wax (under $80/box) and likely just Topps. I might go for a few blasters of Optic if I find them cheap or get a Fanatics gift card on discount somewhere.
Deadshot
HB Member

Post by Deadshot »

Had to grab this Lakers triple after I saw the Brian Cook patch

SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

FrankAZHP wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:34 pm
You're welcome I'm glad you liked it thanks for viewing!

I hardly ever rip wax anymore as I learned my lesson on ROI cracking fresh wax in the 90s and 2000s, but I won't lie. I still enjoy it. I wouldn't dare rip Panini products nowadays (even Donruss Optic which I do as a Chrome replacement), since their ROI is so bad, but lately I've seen some great priced wax pop up.
Particularly the OTE hobby boxes (around $70) and the McDonalds All American hobby boxes (around $50). And at that price (especially with how expensive the hobby is nowadays), it's hard to pass them up.

I plan on doing many more episodes in the future (sitting on like 5 hobby boxes of McDonalds All American now, 3 lite Topps Chrome Tennis boxes, 1 Topps Chrome F1 hobby box, and some retail blasters of OTE & McDonalds), but it will almost always be with CHEAP wax (under $80/box) and likely just Topps. I might go for a few blasters of Optic if I find them cheap or get a Fanatics gift card on discount somewhere.
I get not ripping Panini stuff, but it would be hard for me to rip unlicensed stuff, especially of prospects I don't know. But if I was more attuned to the prospects that would be a fun rip I'm sure.
Deadshot wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:18 pm Had to grab this Lakers triple after I saw the Brian Cook patch
Is that a finals trophy patch? Great find!
donny_bobes
HB Member

Post by donny_bobes »

Deadshot wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:18 pm Had to grab this Lakers triple after I saw the Brian Cook patch

Awesome 04 Finals patch! Makes me wonder how many Finals jerseys upper deck cut up for cards. Maybe one of my patch cards was from a Finals jersey and I never knew...
Collecting: Rockets Patches (especially 1995-2003 pinstripe jerseys) Astros Patches (especially stuff from 2004-2012), All Star Game Patches/Swatches, anything else interesting

Favs: Steve Francis, Yao Ming, Alperen Şengün

IG: donnybobes34
SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

Excited for this mailweek:

Another Kings laser and a RC of one of my favorite non-Kings players

Some random rainbow progress

3 pretty big additions for my Holmes 2019 Mosaic Rainbow (/20, /10, and /10)
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

SacKingsCards wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:29 pm Image
That Adams!

My fave player in the league right now. Dude is just so wholesome and chill. Type of dude I'd want to hang out with.

Seems odd seeing him so fresh shaven face now tho.
SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

FrankAZHP wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:43 pm That Adams!

My fave player in the league right now. Dude is just so wholesome and chill. Type of dude I'd want to hang out with.

Seems odd seeing him so fresh shaven face now tho.
Totally agree, one of my favorite players in the league too. So down to Earth and I love role players like him whose value to a team are often underappreciated. He's a guy I'm always looking to add something of. Thanks for the compliment!
Deadshot
HB Member

Post by Deadshot »

SacKingsCards wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:02 am
Is that a finals trophy patch? Great find!
It is!
donny_bobes wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:51 am
Awesome 04 Finals patch! Makes me wonder how many Finals jerseys upper deck cut up for cards. Maybe one of my patch cards was from a Finals jersey and I never knew...
I think about this a lot actually. It's weird to me that companies wouldn't want to add this info, but it's probably a lot more costly in the long run.
donny_bobes
HB Member

Post by donny_bobes »

2013 Panini Titanium Omer Asik Double-Double Patch /25. Picked it up on comc, not really a big Asik fan but for $4 it seemed great. Love the second patch although I have no idea what part its from.
Collecting: Rockets Patches (especially 1995-2003 pinstripe jerseys) Astros Patches (especially stuff from 2004-2012), All Star Game Patches/Swatches, anything else interesting

Favs: Steve Francis, Yao Ming, Alperen Şengün

IG: donnybobes34
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

Picked up a few solid basketball cards at a card show on Saturday.

One I'll post in the Totally Certified Mirror Appreciation Thread so kinda gives away what that is.
The other I'm REALLY happy to have for the PC. Good old Season's Best. <3

ChrisP57
HB Member
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 318 times

Post by ChrisP57 »

My two most recent pickups

Love old school jersey cards and this being a Finals game used jersey makes it all better

Been wanting a Clear Vision Jokic rookie for a while so finally got the Blue Parallel
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

^forgot there’s even a standard Topps final piece set. so used to the chromes being posted. Nice card
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
Deadshot
HB Member

Post by Deadshot »

I already had the Smits on the right, but I got the Shawn Kemp shadow card on the left recently. Abra might appreciate that.

AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

So many memories of the earlier Finest releases. Still upsets me they become discolored, wanted to master set these so bad, but: :mrgreen:
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

AbraCalabro wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:27 am
So many memories of the earlier Finest releases. Still upsets me they become discolored, wanted to master set these so bad, but: :mrgreen:
Trying to remember if I even got to open any 95-96. Def brings me back though, still remember my grandparents’ neighbor showing me her binder full of 94-95 Finest, it was like a shock to the system in the sense of “damn I’ve been buying the wrong packs.”

Or was it 93-94 Finest in that binder?

Nostalgia’s a hell of a drug.
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

darz90scardz wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:24 pm
AbraCalabro wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:27 am
Trying to remember if I even got to open any 95-96. Def brings me back though, still remember my grandparents’ neighbor showing me her binder full of 94-95 Finest, it was like a shock to the system in the sense of “damn I’ve been buying the wrong packs.”

Or was it 93-94 Finest in that binder?

Nostalgia’s a hell of a drug.
Do you remember the smell of the cards fresh out of the pack? Ahhhhh that chemical inhalation goodness. Some premo plasticide acetate huffin' :?
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Some pickups from the Denver All Cards Weekend show I went to last week.

Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

mindcycle wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:57 pm Some pickups from the Denver All Cards Weekend show I went to last week.

Absolute fire!

I miss Upper Deck. I'm sure we all do.