Pictures?

Post all off-topic discussions here
TKOsCards
HB Member

Pictures?

Post by TKOsCards »

I watched the video, but does this mean we can only post pictures if we have them saved online somewhere (flicker, others), not on our phone?
PC: teams - KC Royals, KC Chiefs, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bulls
players - Alex Gordon, Starling Marte, George Brett, Salvador Perez, Barry Sanders, Don Drysdale
sets- working on - 1954 Bowman, 1976-79 topps, 1996 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractors
captainbohica
HB Member

Re: Pictures?

Post by captainbohica »

pretty much have to use a 3rd party. Could always download the imgur app on your phone, upload the pics you took from your phone to there, then grab the link from the app and post... but directly uploading to this site from your phone? negative
IG: justtheaveragecollector
LF: 1990 Marvel Universe PSA 10's
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

TKOsCards wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:18 pm I watched the video, but does this mean we can only post pictures if we have them saved online somewhere (flicker, others), not on our phone?
The system does accept attachments which can be images, but only up to like 500kb I believe which is about half a MB. Most photos on your phone are going to be at least a couple MBs. Places like IG and Facebook have compression software built in that will downsize images before posting to make them smaller, but forum software (at least what's used for HB) does not, unfortunately.

I find that Flickr https://flickr.com is the easiest to use to share photos on a message boards. It's pretty much copy paste from the phone app and will resize to fit the format perfectly. It's also free up to a thousand photos.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

mindcycle wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:20 pm
TKOsCards wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:18 pm I watched the video, but does this mean we can only post pictures if we have them saved online somewhere (flicker, others), not on our phone?
The system does accept attachments which can be images, but only up to like 500kb I believe which is about half a MB. Most photos on your phone are going to be at least a couple MBs. Places like IG and Facebook have compression software built in that will downsize images before posting to make them smaller, but forum software (at least what's used for HB) does not, unfortunately.

I find that Flickr https://flickr.com is the easiest to use to share photos on a message boards. It's pretty much copy paste from the phone app and will resize to fit the format perfectly. It's also free up to a thousand photos.
I noticed the forum resizes images on mobile which is really nice, but are they displayed natively on desktop? I’ve been trying to use Flickr more than imgur ever since I noticed imgur compressing images/quality. But I’m unable to find the various resolution options in the Flickr app, only see it on the desktop site.
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

darz90scardz wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:46 am I noticed the forum resizes images on mobile which is really nice, but are they displayed natively on desktop? I’ve been trying to use Flickr more than imgur ever since I noticed imgur compressing images/quality. But I’m unable to find the various resolution options in the Flickr app, only see it on the desktop site.
Yeah man I think on desktop the best bet is to use the normal BBCode option and resize that way. I don’t think that is available in the app but I’ll do some testing to see if it’s maybe a hidden option or something.
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by FrankAZHP »

When I upload and post I'm on desktop. I use imgur and use the "auto resize" option and select "640x480 (message boards)" before I upload.

Then when posting I use the "direct link" url and just use the bbcode

Code: Select all

[img]photolink[/img]
and they turn out nice. If you do the image without the direct link and img tags it has the little promotional imgur logo image and sometimes they show up broken or as plain white boxes.

Just sharing how I do it in case it can help someone.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
mindcycle
HB Supporter

Post by mindcycle »

FrankAZHP wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:05 pm When I upload and post I'm on desktop. I use imgur and use the "auto resize" option and select "640x480 (message boards)" before I upload.

[img]photolink[/img]
and they turn out nice. If you do the image without the direct link and img tags it has the little promotional imgur logo image and sometimes they show up broken or as plain white boxes.

Great info man. I was wondering if it was possible to remove those Imgur borders.
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by FrankAZHP »

FrankAZHP wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:05 pm When I upload and post I'm on desktop. I use imgur and use the "auto resize" option and select "640x480 (message boards)" before I upload.

[img]photolink[/img]

Going a little further in depth here in case it can help someone out. I took 2 screenshots and highlighted what I was referring to.

Just now noticing too, they provide a BBCode link that already has the IMG tags too.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles