Page 1 of 1
Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 7:09 pm
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the basics
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2025 8:12 pm
by FrankAZHP
I love this and want to see some updates on the journey. Would love this to be a thread I can come back to every week to a year or whenever posts are made and see the passion and fun radiate.
Re: Back to the basics
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2025 5:32 am
by AbraCalabro
topgemcards wrote: Wed Nov 12, 2025 7:09 pm
simpler times when collecting was purely about the joy of the hobby, not the likes, trends, or comparisons.

Re: Back to the basics
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2025 1:44 pm
by Deadshot
This is great and I'm glad you shared it

Re: Back to the basics
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 8:32 am
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 5:46 pm
by AbraCalabro
Those early days base cards are really some of the best looking with the best action photos.
P.S. post your progress on here too no just IG!
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:06 pm
by FrankAZHP
So you decided against including the Panini stickers?
As much as I hated Panini over the last 15 years I consider the sticker such a part of the 90s experience. They were in every grocery store checkout.
Also missing the 1991-92 Upper Deck Jordan promo card?
I might have one of these cards for you, not that they're particularly rare or anything but if I come across stuff I'll put it aside.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2025 6:25 am
by topgemcards
I will definitely post updates on this thread as well.
AbraCalabro wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 5:46 pm
Those early days base cards are really some of the best looking with the best action photos.
P.S. post your progress on here too no just IG!
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2025 6:27 am
by topgemcards
Not against, but not at this time. I will dive into those and other oddball type stuff at a later time.
And yes, I am missing the 1991-92 Upper Deck Promo; I missed it on the original post, but will update.
FrankAZHP wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:06 pm
So you decided against including the Panini stickers?
As much as I hated Panini over the last 15 years I consider the sticker such a part of the 90s experience. They were in every grocery store checkout.
Also missing the 1991-92 Upper Deck Jordan promo card?
I might have one of these cards for you, not that they're particularly rare or anything but if I come across stuff I'll put it aside.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2025 6:02 am
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2025 7:03 pm
by FrankAZHP
Hellyeah! Love to see this progress!
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2026 12:10 pm
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2026 3:29 pm
by mindcycle
This is great! Not sure how I missed this thread when you first posted, but admittedly I’ve been slacking posting here in recent months.
I think the red binder works really well for Jordan. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for the ones you need.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2026 1:13 am
by SacKingsCards
I’ll echo that I’m loving this thread and project. There’s something so satisfying about seeing a chronological checklist completed and displayed in a binder. I would love some thoughts on some personal favorites among those you’ve added thus far. Thanks for sharing!
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2026 7:37 pm
by topgemcards
I’ve been collecting MJs (on and off) for over 30 years now. However, I have always chased the higher end cards, and although I had an MJ binder many years ago, I have never been this thorough with chasing MJs. That said, I have enjoyed this new journey as I have discovered cards that I would have otherwise missed If I continued chasing higher end MJs. Some of my current favorites have to be some of the oddball MJs and the stories behind their existence. Cards like Fleer Tony’s Pizza for both 1991 and 1992, 1992 Skybox Canadian Minis as well as the Mark & See Minis to name a few. I am also enjoying learning about some of the different variations of cards. Some of the mainstream error cards are well known (like MJs “In Your Face”), but some are not as mainstream. For example, 1991-92, as well as 1992-93, Upper Deck has two different variations; one with the diamond hologram and the other with the text hologram. The 1991-92 Hoops Dream Team card also has two versions, one with “USA” on the back, and one without. It’s been fun to say the least.
SacKingsCards wrote: Tue Jan 06, 2026 1:13 am
I’ll echo that I’m loving this thread and project. There’s something so satisfying about seeing a chronological checklist completed and displayed in a binder. I would love some thoughts on some personal favorites among those you’ve added thus far. Thanks for sharing!
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2026 6:15 pm
by SacKingsCards
Love to read that topgem, it's definitely a no brainer that if you're a fan of a player, taking a comprehensive approach to their card releases is both interesting and rewarding. This is one of many cases that exemplifies why quality and quantity are no mutually exclusive.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2026 10:30 am
by FrankAZHP
Heads up I stashed some of the Collector's Choice international version Jordans for you. Base and subsets. I think some are Italian and some are German.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2026 3:03 pm
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2026 7:37 am
by SacKingsCards
Amazing and beautiful. I think one of the great things about this project is you can see the progress so concretely so it’ll be satisfying while keeping you busy for a long time due to its scope.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2026 9:49 am
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2026 9:51 am
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:52 am
by topgemcards
.
Re: Back to the Basics - MJ Binder Project
Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2026 12:54 pm
by AbraCalabro
what happened to this thread?