Totally Certified Mirror Appreciation Thread

Basketball cards and sports talk
SoTexCollector
HB Member
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Totally Certified Mirror Appreciation Thread

Post by SoTexCollector »

Here is my Myles Turner 2016-17 1/1 to go along with my PG13

Currently Collecting: PG13, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Porter Jr., Jalen Green, Rockets and Spurs.......
IG: paul_george_13_sotex
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

The platinum on those 1/1s is so pretty
SoTexCollector
HB Member

Post by SoTexCollector »

Here is another PG13 from my pc. His 2019-20 Certified Black Mirror 1/1. This one gives off like a blue glow when the light hits it just right...

Currently Collecting: PG13, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Porter Jr., Jalen Green, Rockets and Spurs.......
SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

SoTexCollector wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:00 pm Here is another PG13 from my pc. His 2019-20 Certified Black Mirror 1/1. This one gives off like a blue glow when the light hits it just right...
Excellent show.

Seriously though, didn't know those were considered mirrors. I love how Certified looks 2018 and beyond with the game photos. Seeing the blue in your photo, that's a very cool effect.
dengbang
HB Supporter
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by dengbang »

SacKingsCards wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:53 am Seriously though, didn't know those were considered mirrors.
The 2014,15,16 are more closely related in terms of design than other years.
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by FrankAZHP »

After seeing people on IG and now you guys drool over these things I was still skeptical but... I saw a low numbered one at a great price over the weekend at a card show and bit.

ImageImage

There's a lot of local guys around me who are big fans because he went to U of A. That paired with his absolutely amazing defensive job against LeBron/AD/KD/JimmyButler over the course of the NBA Playoffs, and the guy's legendary performance at the Slam Dunk Contest years back, I had to pick it up at the price as it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I'm probably not going to keep it, and it will probably just be flipped (which I don't do often), but it's giving me a chance to appreciate it for now.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ€ ๐Ÿคผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๏ธ *Comics ๐Ÿ’€ *Games ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ฑ๏ธ*Music ๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ’ฟ *Movies ๐Ÿ“ผ ๐Ÿ’ฟ
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

FrankAZHP wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:13 pm After seeing people on IG and now you guys drool over these things I was still skeptical but... I saw a low numbered one at a great price over the weekend at a card show and bit.

I'm probably not going to keep it, and it will probably just be flipped (which I don't do often), but it's giving me a chance to appreciate it for now.
So...how do you feel about them now that you own one? :)
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by FrankAZHP »

SacKingsCards wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:21 amSo...how do you feel about them now that you own one? :)
I can see the appeal for sure between the rainbow foil and the texture, but perhaps the hype got my hopes up a bit high.
I like, but not as much as everyone else seems to like. I think the texture is probably my favorite part of it.

Worthy of the hype? Dunno. I'm not the best person to judge. Overall, I'm pretty neutral on it.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ€ ๐Ÿคผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๏ธ *Comics ๐Ÿ’€ *Games ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ฑ๏ธ*Music ๐ŸŽต ๐Ÿ’ฟ *Movies ๐Ÿ“ผ ๐Ÿ’ฟ
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
SoTexCollector
HB Member

Post by SoTexCollector »

This one here would be my favorite of all my mirror cards in my collection thus far. Jersey numbered in a big plus for me! :)

ImageImage
daeve
HB Member

Post by daeve »

FrankAZHP wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:03 pm
SacKingsCards wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:21 amSo...how do you feel about them now that you own one? :)
I can see the appeal for sure between the rainbow foil and the texture, but perhaps the hype got my hopes up a bit high.
I like, but not as much as everyone else seems to like. I think the texture is probably my favorite part of it.

Worthy of the hype? Dunno. I'm not the best person to judge. Overall, I'm pretty neutral on it.
That's a big draw to me as so many cards nowadays just look too 'flat'. This is part of the reason why I think Flux is so cool, Panini really knocked it out of the park with the textures and color combos, as well as the overall theme being space-centric like much of the great 90s stuff but also feeling new at the same time.
dengbang
HB Supporter

Post by dengbang »

SoTexCollector wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:53 am This one here would be my favorite of all my mirror cards in my collection thus far.
Here's another PG Mirror for you:
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 139 times

Post by darz90scardz »

SoTexCollector wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:53 am This one here would be my favorite of all my mirror cards in my collection thus far. Jersey numbered in a big plus for me! :)

@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
SoTexCollector
HB Member

Post by SoTexCollector »

dengbang wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:04 pm
SoTexCollector wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:53 am This one here would be my favorite of all my mirror cards in my collection thus far.
Here's another PG Mirror for you:
Nice card! I am still looking to pick some of the inserts from these sets, I just haven't gotten around to it. What is that PG card numbered too?
dengbang
HB Supporter

Post by dengbang »

SoTexCollector wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:09 am Nice card! I am still looking to pick some of the inserts from these sets, I just haven't gotten around to it. What is that PG card numbered too?
Thanks, they're numbered to /25. It might be difficult to pick one up though, there's a set collector trying to pick up all of these. He has at least 4 PGs if I remember correctly.
TranquiloCards
HB Member

Post by TranquiloCards »

I'm loving this thread. Some serious beauties in here. All this Indiana gold!!
PC: Celtics, Tatum, Pierce, Sonics Kemp, Magic Shaq, Wrestling
IG: https://www.instagram.com/tranquilocards