Lillard to the Bucks

Basketball cards and sports talk
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Lillard to the Bucks

Post by mindcycle »

Good trade, or just another failed super team attempt?

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1707096933 ... X4-IKzqTYA
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
Duncancollector
HB Member
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Lillard to the Bucks

Post by Duncancollector »

I like this move for Lillard. Hope he will win a ring one day.
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

I like this move for all teams. I think no matter whether Milwaukee wins another title or not, if this leads to resigning Giannis, then it's a good move for them.

Portland gets a lot draft capital that could have lots of value given that 7 years from now, the Bucks may not be any good anymore. Plus they now have another all star in Jrue to flip for young players and/or picks.

People have been criticizing this for Phoenix, but I even like it for them. Move on from the disgruntled young guy to get some desperately needed rotational players. And evidently part of this deal for them was that they actually really wanted Nurkic for his fit with their big 3. If they like him that much and he does indeed elevate their play with his size and screening, it's a no brainer for them and a win-win-win for all involved.
daeve
HB Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by daeve »

I think it's likely a positive for the Bucks, definitely a positive for the Blazers, and a risky positive for Phx.

The positive spin for Milwaukee is they go from Giannis being the main offensive driver and Jrue the main defensive to Dame being the prime offensive driver and Giannis the defensive. Could really pay off for them, but there's a chance it doesn't.

Big win for Portland, they did really well to get a haul for an expensive star on the age decline curve that wanted to play for 1 team only.

Phx shifted risk in a disgruntled young guy for an injury-riddled older guy. Does Nurk still have the foot speed to be playable in most scenarios? He's stronger and probably better to give it a go vs Jokic than Ayton, but aside from that and his passing upgrade, I only see downsides.
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

daeve wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:50 am I think it's likely a positive for the Bucks, definitely a positive for the Blazers, and a risky positive for Phx.

The positive spin for Milwaukee is they go from Giannis being the main offensive driver and Jrue the main defensive to Dame being the prime offensive driver and Giannis the defensive. Could really pay off for them, but there's a chance it doesn't.

Big win for Portland, they did really well to get a haul for an expensive star on the age decline curve that wanted to play for 1 team only.

Phx shifted risk in a disgruntled young guy for an injury-riddled older guy. Does Nurk still have the foot speed to be playable in most scenarios? He's stronger and probably better to give it a go vs Jokic than Ayton, but aside from that and his passing upgrade, I only see downsides.
I agree that it's a risk for Phoenix. Who knows how good Nurkic will be IF he can even stay healthy. Is he better than Ayton now? Otherwise, you just got older and more injury prone and it might not help you win now.