Cardboard Moments - When A Card Company gets Photography right

Basketball cards and sports talk
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: Cardboard Moments - When A Card Company gets Photography right

Post by mindcycle »

@cp wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:14 pm I've always thought UD captured some of MJ's base cards quite beautifully. The 1997-98 base and subset had two great shots of him in historical moments.
Nice! Yeah UD was usually on point with their photography. I definitely miss that in the modern era.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

@cp wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:14 pm I've always thought UD captured some of MJ's base cards quite beautifully. The 1997-98 base and subset had two great shots of him in historical moments.
That second one is a great photo, I think that's the same photo they used on his SP Authentic Profiles insert.
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

mindcycle wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:48 pm
Nice! Yeah UD was usually on point with their photography. I definitely miss that in the modern era.
You mean you're not a fan of only getting good photography in a single release themed around great photography? :P

I will say, Panini's photography isn't always awful, but even when it's good or great, they're putrid with their use of borders, cropping, and zooming. Their designs usually make the rare good photos they use underwhelming.