1998 Topps Gold Label binder project

Football cards and sports talk
appfreezecards
HB Member

1998 Topps Gold Label binder project

Post by appfreezecards »

This has been a small binder project that I begin around 2019 when I return to the sports card hobby. I collected as a child from 1989 up through 1998. 1998 Topps gold label was probably one of the last products I opened as teenager. It was a different kind of a product with the three classes and different color labels. Each player had three card variations. Each one had the share one image with an alternate image in the background. Class one had a plain gold font. Class two had a silver sparkle font. Class three had a gold sparkle font. The cards were printed on a thick premium card stock. They had a refractor shine with a glossy finish. The cards were prone to surface flaws (scratches, hazing, bubbles or peeling,and print lines)

I thought it would make the ideal binder project with each player have three different cards at each color label. After going through the cards I had opened, I found that I had almost the entire class 1 set. So I searched out the entire Class 2 set by hand. I am only one card short of finishing the class 3 gold label set now. I am stopping with the gold level, as I don't have the will to do the black and red label sets. These cards are probably still in packs or peoples storage as I'm not sure how successful this release was.

I am still in search of Gold label, #93 Darrell Green, Class 3 (gold sparkle). If anyone has any leads, this collector would appreciate the assistance.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by appfreezecards on Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Re: 1998 Topps Gold Label binder project

Post by mindcycle »

This is awesome man, love seeing them all in a binder! I have a bunch of the gold label red labels for basketball for players I PC, but never picked up any football. Good stuff!
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards