LeBron James signs with Fanatics

General hobby related news and discussion
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

LeBron James signs with Fanatics

Post by mindcycle »

Just saw this show up. We'll likely need to wait for the press release to know the specifics, however, it seems likely that we'll start seeing LeBron autos in Topps products soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C12fLydPYEs ... BiNWFlZA==
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
kingofsnake
HB Member
Been liked: 27 times

Re: LeBron James signs with Fanatics

Post by kingofsnake »

I think it's good. Maybe one day every man, woman and child will have a LeBron auto.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

kingofsnake wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:03 pm I think it's good. Maybe one day every man, woman and child will have a LeBron auto.
Yeah I don’t really have an issue with it. Fanatics definitely needs LeBron way more than he needs them, and I still don’t see it 10x’ing the hobby. 😄

At least it might add a little variety to releases and that’s never a bad thing.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

mindcycle wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:41 am
kingofsnake wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:03 pm I think it's good. Maybe one day every man, woman and child will have a LeBron auto.
Yeah I don’t really have an issue with it. Fanatics definitely needs LeBron way more than he needs them, and I still don’t see it 10x’ing the hobby. 😄

At least it might add a little variety to releases and that’s never a bad thing.
Am I just insanely pessimistic to think that it may be incredibly difficult just to sustain the number of current participants?

Is it true to say that the hobby has been shrinking since the boom?

I’m a dumb dumb, so I have no idea which indicators you’d have to look at. I saw somewhere that a recent month’s sales volume was the highest it’s been in about a year, but I’m not sure you can use that alone.
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

Completely agree. In no way can having more autos of the best player of our generation who hasn't had autos for 3/4 of his playing career be a bad thing. Cheers to Fanatics if they can get it done.
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

darz90scardz wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:53 am
mindcycle wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:41 am

Am I just insanely pessimistic to think that it may be incredibly difficult just to sustain the number of current participants?

Is it true to say that the hobby has been shrinking since the boom?

I’m a dumb dumb, so I have no idea which indicators you’d have to look at. I saw somewhere that a recent month’s sales volume was the highest it’s been in about a year, but I’m not sure you can use that alone.
I actually agree with you, but I think the hobby has been shrinking longer than the time of the most recent boom.