A Rolling Mailday Thread (Basketball)

Basketball cards and sports talk
Deadshot
HB Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Re: A Rolling Mailday Thread (Basketball)

Post by Deadshot »

I like that one! I have a Kawhi blue coming from COMC at some point. It might be my favorite color parallel from the Panini era.
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by FrankAZHP »

Well I FINALLY got around to recording and editing my big local show video from a month ago (Arizona State Card Show) and taking photos of the spoils, and it's a lot of Basketball. Both cards and toys.
Hell of a haul.

Surprisingly enough there was a toy shop dealer there with a ton of McFarlanes. He was asking $10 each, but I bought in bulk and got them for around $7.50 each. Then another dealer had some for $15 each, but I got them for $10 each by buying 5.

Pierce Celts & Nets (my first two Pierce figs)
ImageImage

Paul George series 25 & 29 (first two George figs)
ImageImage

Melo 2nd Edition & the Denver All Star Game exclusive (first two Melo figs)
ImageImage

LeBron 2nd fig (goes along his Rookie fig I picked up a few months ago)

Tony Parker (my first TP9)

Vince Carter in between legs is dope (good with his first McFarlane I got a few months ago)
I wish it had him in the And1 Tai Chis from the dunk contest but he's got on a pair of Js

Dwight on the Rockets (my first Dwight fig)

Ray Allen series 2 (my first Ray Allen)

Marbury Knicks (now my 3rd Marbury I've got 2 on the Suns same pose)

Lillard (my first Lillard and his Rookie fig)

The Answer Series 6 (my first AI fig)

KD in ugly blue retro lookin uni (my first KD fig)

Dirk Series 2 (my first Dirk fig)

Ming's 2nd fig (thought I had one from a double pack with Shaq but I looked and I don't, so my first Ming fig)

And a Hardwood Classics one of Willis Reed

CARDS
Some of these were bought and some was spoils from some trades I worked out. Glad I could get rid of stuff I didn't want and get stuff that will go into the PC forever

1991-92 Fleer Magic is an upgrade. I had a PSA 7

2006 Topps McDonald's All American KD XRC or PRC depending on what you wanna call it

2006-07 Chrome Big Fundamental refractor is nice even if it's an 8

My fave Basketball pickup of the show...
2007-08 Chrome 57-58 design orange refractor numbered 20/199 (Ray Allen's Jersey Number!)
ImageImage

Young guy I thought looked good when I watched some Hawks games earlier in the year
2016-17 Optic Murray RC

2019-20 Optic Hyper Pink Heero RC

Oh yeah and I got THREE boxes of Topps paper NBL for $10 a box. lol you can't get anything that good in them. Alexandre Sarr isn't in the product either from his time with the Perth Wildcats.
Still thought it'd be a fun cheap rip for $10 / hobby box.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
Deadshot
HB Member

Post by Deadshot »

I'm jealous of those McFarlane's! I actually still need both PGs. Buying them online is always a killer due to the shipping.
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

Deadshot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:52 pm I'm jealous of those McFarlane's! I actually still need both PGs. Buying them online is always a killer due to the shipping.
I had a feeling you'd like those and that mindcycle would like the Carmelos.
If I'd known you need them I'd have picked one up for you.

Dealer had multiple of the Series 25 (non Hickory jersey) but only one of the Series 29.

If the same dealer comes back for the March AZ State Show I'll pick one up. Also have you seen the Jermaine O'Neal? It's so sick it's got him dunking backwards and includes a rim and has him in the yellow pinstripe. It's not as polished as the PGs because it's an earlier series (Series 4). Anyways I'll keep a lookout my dude.
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
SacKingsCards
HB Member
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by SacKingsCards »

Love those McFarlane's too, I would love to pick up some Kings ones but just am so unfamiliar with them that I have never pursued it all that seriously. That VC through the legs dunk is killer
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Those McFarlane figures are great Frank! I wish I had more room to display stuff like that. Since having kids I’ve eventually ended up with a single room for my office and collectables collection. I make it work but most of my shelf space is for my 1/6 collection which takes up way too much room to begin with lol.

Really like the Topps chrome pickups as well! Thanks for sharing it all.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

mindcycle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:47 pmThose McFarlane figures are great Frank! I wish I had more room to display stuff like that. Since having kids I’ve eventually ended up with a single room for my office and collectables collection. I make it work but most of my shelf space is for my 1/6 collection which takes up way too much room to begin with lol.
I know it may sound like blasphemy to some toy collectors, but after I take the photos of them I open them out of the package. Then I can use the toys for display purposes or photo ops. So they don't take up that much space out of the packages. I put them in ziplock bags and then in 12x12x12 boxes that fit in my Ikea cube Kallax shelves. Makes easy storage. According to my spreadsheet between all sports I now have 122 McFarlane sports toys. They fit in 3 total 12x12x12 boxes. So yeah, space is an issue for me too, but I've developed a solid plan for them.

Haven't got around to doing as much with them from a photo op perspective as I'd like since I haven't finishing photographing all my raw cards collection. Once I do that, I'll be able to do some great artsy photos with certain players and such.
ChrisP57
HB Member
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 318 times

Post by ChrisP57 »

This is a Lebron I've always wanted to pick up. I love it because I believe it's his first memorabilia card? Features a game used swatch of a high school jersey

SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

FrankAZHP wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:58 pm I know it may sound like blasphemy to some toy collectors, but after I take the photos of them I open them out of the package. Then I can use the toys for display purposes or photo ops. So they don't take up that much space out of the packages. I put them in ziplock bags and then in 12x12x12 boxes that fit in my Ikea cube Kallax shelves. Makes easy storage. According to my spreadsheet between all sports I now have 122 McFarlane sports toys. They fit in 3 total 12x12x12 boxes. So yeah, space is an issue for me too, but I've developed a solid plan for them.

Haven't got around to doing as much with them from a photo op perspective as I'd like since I haven't finishing photographing all my raw cards collection. Once I do that, I'll be able to do some great artsy photos with certain players and such.
I'm sure many collectors would react the way you suggest, but that always boggles my mind. If that's how you want to collect, cool, but collecting in a way that you can "use" those collectables in a way that you get to enjoy shouldn't be blasphemic on any level. I'm the same with vinyls. I love music and picking up vinyls. No idea why I would keep them sealed lol
ChrisP57 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:20 pm This is a Lebron I've always wanted to pick up. I love it because I believe it's his first memorabilia card? Features a game used swatch of a high school jersey
Very cool pickup! And a nice distinction among what I'm sure are hundreds of leBron GU cards out there. I wonder what his first GU Cavs card was.
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

SacKingsCards wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:27 amI'm sure many collectors would react the way you suggest, but that always boggles my mind. If that's how you want to collect, cool, but collecting in a way that you can "use" those collectables in a way that you get to enjoy shouldn't be blasphemic on any level. I'm the same with vinyls. I love music and picking up vinyls. No idea why I would keep them sealed lol
The thing is many of the McFarlanes (particularly the variant/chase figs) are ones that are rare and MOST toy collectors like to keep things in the package. I did this a lot when I was a toy collector in my teens and 20s. I just don't care anymore and would rather display out of package now. Partially because they display better (particularly basketball ones where you have to attach the legs and such), but mainly because of the space concerns.

As for vinyl, I feel called out lol. I'm a collector of vinyl (as well as CDs and cassettes etc) of my favorite music artists. If I buy it and it's already open, I'll occasionally stick it on the turntable, but if it's sealed already I keep it sealed and just listen to the album digitally. Vinyl doesn't have the space constraints that toys do though.

As for Kings McFarlanes there's 4 them that I know of. All the white jerseys are the regular and the ones that have chase variants are all purple jerseys.

Bibby (Series 3) regular & chase
Webber (Series 5) regular & chase
Peja (Series 6) regular & chase
Artest (Series 11) regular only
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

The flood parallels in Obsidian are some of my favorite parallels, I really like the Blue ones. Numbered to 16

Deadshot
HB Member

Post by Deadshot »

FrankAZHP wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:26 pm
Deadshot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:52 pm I'm jealous of those McFarlane's! I actually still need both PGs. Buying them online is always a killer due to the shipping.
I had a feeling you'd like those and that mindcycle would like the Carmelos.
If I'd known you need them I'd have picked one up for you.

Dealer had multiple of the Series 25 (non Hickory jersey) but only one of the Series 29.

If the same dealer comes back for the March AZ State Show I'll pick one up. Also have you seen the Jermaine O'Neal? It's so sick it's got him dunking backwards and includes a rim and has him in the yellow pinstripe. It's not as polished as the PGs because it's an earlier series (Series 4). Anyways I'll keep a lookout my dude.
I actually do have one of the gold jersey JO's from back in the day. I also have the Reggie in home uniform!
Hondo
HB Member
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Hondo »

Some recent pick-ups

KG Noir Feature-length. Love the photo they used on this one. Overhead shot, black & white background with KG and the ball being in color, topping it off with a nice use of holofoil. Would be a great candidate for an in-person auto as well with the auto near the basket below KG.

Upgraded my Dave Cowens auto with this nice Flawless. The holofoil on this is so nice.

I've been picking up a bunch of Gala cards latey as well. Love Gala!

Adding I.T. to the Galactic binder.
@havlicek_stole_the_cards on Instagram
Boston Celtics card collector, Collect what you like, Let's go Celtics!
SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

Awesome additions; love the blue flood and the feature length especially. Colors, photography, holofoil. All so nice. Getting that feature length signed would be incredible!
SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

Things have REALLY slowed down for me in the last few months in terms of pickups. Combination of things I want not showing up and absurd prices for what does come up. Here's what I've gotten essentially since summer, most of which were dcsports orders in September and October so I just added a bunch to combine shipping. Buyer beware: study their listing photos closely because they never disclose damage in descriptions and every order I have usually has one damaged card.

My first Hali GU card!

Been looking for this BJax for years. Second one I've seen in probably 3 years.

Couple for my 02-03 Jsy Au set and a dirk I've been looking for. Annoying that the jersey doesn't match the one worn in the featured game.

Second copy of this card. I'm lucky his low end rookie stuff hasn't exploded like the high end.
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

Hondo I’m really diggin your photos
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
Hondo
HB Member

Post by Hondo »

SacKingsCards wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:49 pm Awesome additions; love the blue flood and the feature length especially. Colors, photography, holofoil. All so nice. Getting that feature length signed would be incredible!
Thank you! Hopefully someday i can get that Feature length signed. Crossing fingers! :lol: Love all your Kings card pick-ups, that's a haul right there! Curious, As a Kings fan, Do you think they traded the right PG? Are you happy having Fox or would you rather have Haliburton instead? You can't go wrong with either and both are playing great, just wondering if you prefer one from the other?
darz90scardz wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:25 pm Hondo I’m really diggin your photos
Thanks man! Appreciate it! I try :lol: Lots of trial and error but i love doing it haha Part of the hobby for me.
Hondo
HB Member

Post by Hondo »

A card i've always wanted for some time now and i'm pretty excited to be able to add to the Bird PC. I just love everything about the card. From the design, the shiny reflective surface, on-card blue auto and most especially having both Bird & Magic in the same photo is just perfect. Love Gala!
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

Hondo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:51 am
A card i've always wanted for some time now and i'm pretty excited to be able to add to the Bird PC. I just love everything about the card. From the design, the shiny reflective surface, on-card blue auto and most especially having both Bird & Magic in the same photo is just perfect. Love Gala!
Nice, even got his rival in the photo, as you mentioned.
SacKingsCards
HB Member

Post by SacKingsCards »

Hondo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:32 am
Thank you! Hopefully someday i can get that Feature length signed. Crossing fingers! :lol: Love all your Kings card pick-ups, that's a haul right there! Curious, As a Kings fan, Do you think they traded the right PG? Are you happy having Fox or would you rather have Haliburton instead? You can't go wrong with either and both are playing great, just wondering if you prefer one from the other?
darz90scardz wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:25 pm Hondo I’m really diggin your photos
Good luck! Do you know if KG is easy to get an IP auto from (either at a signing or otherwise)?

As far as the Kings trading the right guard, I honestly wish they hadn't traded either. I love Fox and Hali and thought they could've worked together. The problem was their entire time together was coached by Luke Walton and Alvin Gentry. I would've liked them to give the pairing a shot after hiring a competent coach such as Mike Brown. I can't argue with the results. Fox and Sabonis led the team to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years in their first full season together and seem to be on track to do so again. But Hali is my favorite player in the league and I really wish he was in Sacramento for his entire career. I guess I didn't really answer the question haha
Hondo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:51 am A card i've always wanted for some time now and i'm pretty excited to be able to add to the Bird PC. I just love everything about the card. From the design, the shiny reflective surface, on-card blue auto and most especially having both Bird & Magic in the same photo is just perfect. Love Gala!
What an awesome card. Gala is such an underrated set. I have really been wanting the Stockton from this set, but it's amazing how rarely they come up. Bird and Magic together in the photo is a great cherry on top.
Duncancollector
HB Member
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Duncancollector »

My latest addition to my Duncan PC.

ImageIMG_20231216_143348 by Aron Gerstmann, auf Flickr
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

Duncancollector wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:25 pm My latest addition to my Duncan PC.

ImageIMG_20231216_143348 by Aron Gerstmann, auf Flickr
I LOVE this..those 90's UD Game Jersey cards are so sweet
Hondo
HB Member

Post by Hondo »

2022-23 Panini One & one complete Celtics team set /99

Love One & one base cards. It usually takes me some time to finish the team sets every year as i just casually pick them up from time to time, but this year, with these being fairly cheap, i was able to finish it in a week after release date. LOL As much as i would love to get the golds of these, i am content with collecting the /99's. These will all be going to a binder eventually in the future.
ChrisP57
HB Member

Post by ChrisP57 »

I used to own this card when I originally collected and I always wanted to get a copy back. I love this insert set

mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Hondo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:36 am
2022-23 Panini One & one complete Celtics team set /99

Love One & one base cards. It usually takes me some time to finish the team sets every year as i just casually pick them up from time to time, but this year, with these being fairly cheap, i was able to finish it in a week after release date. LOL As much as i would love to get the golds of these, i am content with collecting the /99's. These will all be going to a binder eventually in the future.
Love the team set man! I go after Nuggets cards when I see them for cheap as well. Golds seem to go for a lot so I don’t have many.
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards