Basketball cards and sports talk
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: A Rolling Mailday Thread

Post by AbraCalabro »

MAMASCOOKINPC wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:31 pm IMG_8398.jpeg
love the Court Masters Kemp, one of the best sets, one of the best cards in the set.
FrankAZHP
HB Member
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by FrankAZHP »

Picked this up at a card show on Saturday. I had two base, but didn't have any of the refractors.

*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
darz90scardz
HB Supporter
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by darz90scardz »

MAMASCOOKINPC wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:17 am Scoring Kings Plus
These are great cards and I remember being able to grab them for the standard version prices for a while. Commonly mistitled.
MAMASCOOKINPC wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:31 pm IMG_8398.jpeg
Big fan of the 96-97 Court Masters too, Penny still on my wantlist. But my favorite of the bunch is the Silky Smooth. There are heathens out there who actually prefer them with the net removed.
FrankAZHP wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:58 pm Picked this up at a card show on Saturday. I had two base, but didn't have any of the refractors.
Nice pickup. Loved Amare, especially when he came to my Knicks and had a truly insane run.

Fun fact: he tried getting with David Jacoby’s girl while they were together.
@darz90scardz on IG
@duron on Blowout/Censorship Forums
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

^ thanks. I love the court masters. I never paid attention to the set as Marbury wasn’t in it. I didn’t even realize the cards were acetate and thought it was an underwhelming case hit but they are nice in hand and the zoomed in action shots are cool.
PC:
BIG KWAME BROWN (Anything I’m missing)
Shawn Kemp (90s inserts only)
Marbury (PSA graded cards and a few 90s Monsters)
IG: @mamascookinpc
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

I’ll get a photo sharing app in the next day or two. Sorry for the attachments

I’m trying to avoid panini with my restarted Kemp PC but some cards are undeniable and a must.
Attachments
IMG_8454.jpeg
PC:
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

Mixy maildays
Attachments
IMG_8508.jpeg
PC:
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

This was yesterday but I didn’t post. I’m a day off on my maildays
Attachments
IMG_8525.jpeg
PC:
Deadshot
HB Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by Deadshot »

You're cruising through those Kemp cards...this is great!

Here's a card I got recently
Bennedict Mathurin Recon Draft Night auto.jpg
AbraCalabro
HB Member
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by AbraCalabro »

Sweet Kemps - yeah, the Court Masters is one I remember from when I was a kid, I also really enjoyed the Rising Star inserts which had this glossy paint canvas feel. I have the whole set...I might build the Court Masters set one day, but once the Jordan gets cheaper I'll consider it. Steph is in the Rising Star set, that's a nice one, but I'm assuming you already have that :) I pulled the Shareef myself as a kid, couldn't believe I beat the odds, those were crazy odds at the time.

Sweet Mathurin, for a second, I was thinking of the EX rookie autos from 2006?
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

AbraCalabro wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:55 am Sweet Kemps - yeah, the Court Masters is one I remember from when I was a kid, I also really enjoyed the Rising Star inserts which had this glossy paint canvas feel. I have the whole set...I might build the Court Masters set one day, but once the Jordan gets cheaper I'll consider it. Steph is in the Rising Star set, that's a nice one, but I'm assuming you already have that :) I pulled the Shareef myself as a kid, couldn't believe I beat the odds, those were crazy odds at the time.

Sweet Mathurin, for a second, I was thinking of the EX rookie autos from 2006?
I love that set also. I have the foil and the missing foil and honestly, I like the missing foil better. Lots of these sets are underrated. If JORDAN isn’t in the checklist, if it’s not from 1997-98, and not serial numbered, no one cares. Great for collectors though and I’m not complaining
PC:
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

My first eBay mailday. PSA handles all the graded cards. They get shipped to Cali first. The non graded stuff goes to Florida and CGC handles that. The raw stuff is a lot more thorough. They look at the serial numbers, if the card been altered, if the auto is fake (on pack pulled autos only.). The graded stuff, they are just really looking to see if the slab is authentic, has it been altered or the card been swapped out, is the card the same as the pics. It’s highly unlikely psa is going to reject cards they slabbed for one reason or another lol.

But anyway, I am impressed. Given the card was in the east coast, it made its way to the west coast, authenticated and air shipped back to FL in about 7 days. Very pleased

When the card came in raw for grading, I knew I was going to own this one day.
Attachments
IMG_8548.jpeg
IMG_8546.jpeg
IMG_8545.jpeg
PC:
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

Deadshot wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:02 am You're cruising through those Kemp cards...this is great!

Here's a card I got recently

Bennedict Mathurin Recon Draft Night auto.jpg
Thanks. I’m avoiding the numbered stuff and just focusing on the inserts I wanted as a kid. It can get expensive quick

Luckily the hobby is down overall. I can only imagine how much more expensive that card you posted would be a few years back. I’m happy your team finally has some good young talent for you to collect.
PC:
Deadshot
HB Member

Post by Deadshot »

eBay authentication missed a big dimple on my Mathurin that wasn't visible on auction photos either. My experiences with authentication have not been good so far.
cookies
HB Member
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by cookies »

as a fellow kemp collector, loving the kemp cards!

i’ve been wanting an on card randle auto for my knicks PC and this one was too good to pass up.
AD1661E7-D6DB-49CE-9329-E75F937C5ED0.jpeg
I usually prefer patch cards sans autos — idk why, i just like to keep my mem cards and auto cards separate. so this is my first ever patch auto. might not be the last!
Deadshot
HB Member

Post by Deadshot »

I think the acetate looks really good on those, too! Plus the patch matches the uniform on the card...that's a great combo.
mindcycle
HB Supporter
Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by mindcycle »

Love the Marbury century marks! Great Randle acetate auto!
Always looking for high end Nuggets cards, current players and Rare 90's/00's!
Player PC - Antonio McDyess, Danilo Gallinari, Gary Harris, Tim Duncan
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mindcycle_cards
darz90scardz
HB Supporter

Post by darz90scardz »

That Marbury is incredible.

I really want to add a 97-98 Century Marks at some point, haven’t thought about anyone specifically though.
@darz90scardz on IG
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

Deadshot wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:40 pm eBay authentication missed a big dimple on my Mathurin that wasn't visible on auction photos either. My experiences with authentication have not been good so far.
A dimple won’t get sent back. You can still get a mint 9 with a dimple unless it’s extreme. A pinch however, is more severe than a dimple and an eye sore. If it is in a hidden spot that goes with the flow of the design like in the jersey, on a card with a mosaic pattern, or against the boarders where it isn’t in plain sight, the card can still get a 8, they might not contact you if it isn’t worth more then 500. You still have the right to send it back. (Be very very wary when buying from consigners. Most of the cards that get sent back or failed come from consigners. They do a large volume of sales though so it’s unfair to just say all their cards are crap but there’s usually a reason someone will use them on “investor” type cards that they can sell their selves.
PC:
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

darz90scardz wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:12 am That Marbury is incredible.

I really want to add a 97-98 Century Marks at some point, haven’t thought about anyone specifically though.
I been holding off for years. It started to creep up in value and I was borderline pricing myself out of one. Luckily the title didn’t mention Autographics and it fell to the deep end of eBay with a BIN/best offer and out of the “best results.” They are dope. It’s worth getting a card from the set. Just make sure the number on the hand writing looks somewhat feminine lol
PC:
MAMASCOOKINPC
HB Member

Post by MAMASCOOKINPC »

My favorite type of maildays. Nothing super valuable or extremely rare but the cards make me remember why I collect in the first place
Attachments
IMG_8638.jpeg
PC:
TranquiloCards
HB Member

Post by TranquiloCards »

Been a while since I had a mailday. Of course it's KEMP.

2014 Crusade orange /60
PC: Celtics, Tatum, Pierce, Sonics Kemp, Magic Shaq, Wrestling
IG: https://www.instagram.com/tranquilocards
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

MAMASCOOKINPC wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:41 pm Marbury Century Marks
Man that is gorgeous! I always wanted an Autographics Marbury. I used to have the Dikembe Century Marks, but offloaded it in 2020 during the pandemic for around $120. Kinda regret it now, but I needed they money at the time.
MAMASCOOKINPC wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:50 pm 1995-96 Fleer Ultra Gold Medallion.
I know they aren't rare, but they are my favorite Ultra parallels (even over later Platinum Medallions).
*Collector since 1990 *Nothing for sale *Cards 🏈🏀 🤼🏒🏎️ *Comics 💀 *Games 🎮🖥️🖱️*Music 🎵 💿 *Movies 📼 💿
I make videos on my collection, mail times, card show walkthrus, and more: www.youtube.com/frankazhpcollectibles
FrankAZHP
HB Member

Post by FrankAZHP »

I got some card art recently from an artist who is a dealer at local card shows. He created a small set of tall boys in multiple sports called "Low Pop Rarities", and this was one I kept.

Classic 1969-70 remake of a Kareem RC

My first piece of card art was also from GypsyOak (about a year ago) and is this dope Jordan art on a fake Rookie.
ImageImage
darz90scardz
HB Supporter

Post by darz90scardz »

Kemp pickups poppin’

I’ve always loved the Jam City set. It’s up there with any of the earlier etched foil inserts. The Honor Roll refractors are also great but like Abra mentioned, they did him dirty for a lot of his insert photos. Bland shot.

The Crusade orange is very nice too, either I’m colorblind or that looks indistinguishable from a gold.
@darz90scardz on IG
TranquiloCards
HB Member

Post by TranquiloCards »

darz90scardz wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:39 am The Crusade orange is very nice too, either I’m colorblind or that looks indistinguishable from a gold.
Honestly one of the reasons I wanted it, it's like an orange/gold. I think it has such great color while still being affordable.
PC: Celtics, Tatum, Pierce, Sonics Kemp, Magic Shaq, Wrestling
IG: https://www.instagram.com/tranquilocards